Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
That's a great idea. Thank you @Robert OB 33/48 for setting up a Rally Point for this. The RPs are great for bringing members together and doing something great together.

Would like to be there on the day. I just do not know if I have time on that weekend. But that can be decided relatively spontaneously, I guess, because it is only a 5h drive for me to the starting point.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

It should, we are probarly leaving the friday and find or a campsite or a B&B depending on the weather and the status of Frederiques surgery

Reactions: El-Dracho

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

We did find some B&B/Hotels at the start, at least in that neighbourhood.
Campings is a bit thin as it is already the "winter" closure of many campsites.

Think in two days we should manage the trip from the west to the east. A next RP will then be from the east up north.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

As I mentioned, I did find two hotels for the friday and Saturday.
So we will start our journey on the Saturday morning.
We if there is someone who likes ot join we will meet up then at Parking Willemstad Vesting near the Vista Restaurant.
We will start from there at 10.00h.
The end of the day we will be in Valkenswaard. And if the route is too long to reach that town by route, we go into speed mode and take of the next day were we left the route.
For those who like to join us already for a nice dinner on the friday evening and even earlier for a walk through Willemstad are very welcome.
There are several hotels were you can make a reservation as all is on walking distance.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As I mentioned, I did find two hotels for the friday and Saturday.
So we will start our journey on the Saturday morning.
We if there is someone who likes ot join we will meet up then at Parking Willemstad Vesting near the Vista Restaurant.
We will start from there at 10.00h.
The end of the day we will be in Valkenswaard. And if the route is too long to reach that town by route, we go into speed mode and take of the next day were we left the route.
For those who like to join us already for a nice dinner on the friday evening and even earlier for a walk through Willemstad are very welcome.
There are several hotels were you can make a reservation as all is on walking distance.

Thanks for picking out the hotels. I do not know yet whether I am there. Currently there are so many exciting things to do. After all, there are still four weeks to go! Let's see and be spontaneous...

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Due the Covid restrictions in the Netherlands, please be aware that several spots you will need a 3G status.
And you will have to wear at those spots a facemask.
If you cant deliver this, please take your responcebility.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

At least we are with two Rigs now as Amila is joining us as well.
José is planning too. So I hope it will work out fine.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

The news of today was that there will be a partly lockdown again.
Biggest issue for this trip is that restaurants and bars has to close at 20.00 hours.
Depending on the weather we could do a nice evening walk through the town of Willemsstad and Valkenswaard.
Maybe thing will have changed by then again.

In the near future there will be the 2G rule. Vaccninated or cured from Covid-19. Cured = Genezen, Vaccinated = Gevaccineerd.

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Just to make some people a bit more curious about the trip we are going to do.
This is the starting point of the trip.
We will try to have on the friday afternoon a walk throught this town and an early dinner as well.
I myself was never been to this place, so even I am very curious about the looks of it.

wilderwhere

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hilversum, Netherlands
First Name
Jan
Last Name
David
Member #

Hi folks,

I’m thinking of joining you. The route and weather look manageable for a stock SUV, and if we hit anything more challenging it should always be able to take a detour over pavement and meet up with you again.

Do you have any concerns regarding rig and route, and is there anything I need/should have to join?

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Jan,

We are with three rigs, one Subaru Forester, one Mistsubishy L200 and my Jeep. So, I guess, we will not have any problems that we cant manage or having a detour.
I always keep in mind that we have to drive home with our Rigs, so no worry.

We ourselves are staying the night on friday at Hotel Willemsstad in Willemstad. Others are staying elsewhere
The saturday evening we are staying at Hotel de Valk in Valkenswaard.

We are trying to arrive on the friday around five there, having dinner and if the weather allows having a evening walk through town.
Same idea is for the saturday evening

Meet up on the saturday morning is here restaurant-vista - Google Search

Hope to see you on the friday.

Greetings from Robert

wilderwhere

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hilversum, Netherlands
First Name
Jan
Last Name
David
Member #

Thanks Robert! I made reservations for the hotels, and will meet you Friday in Willemstad. Looking forward to my first event and meeting y'all in person!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,

I will not be there. The C19 situation is dramatic over here and also the Netherlands is now classified as a high risk area again. So I will rather limit my contacts again for some time and see how the situation develops. Let's hope for the best and all do our part to make it better!

Enjoy,
Bjoern

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, it was a great trip. Even due the circumstances we had to stop earlier on the sunday, all was good and good fun.
Jan David was brand new to off tarmac travel so his learning curve was very steep this weekend.
But he is hooked now.
Amila and family had also a good time. As we did.
I was again very happy to guide people through the Netherlands and bring them to the end safe and sound.
Here some pictures from the weekend.

20211127_093736.jpg
20211127_093807.jpg
20211127_093904.jpg
20211127_123909.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 16.30.37 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 16.30.37 (3).jpeg
Due ruts, deep mud it was too much for the Saab to go through. We did a long time to recover it.
But we managed it without damage. So very succesfull recovery.
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 16.30.37 (4).jpeg
A bit too much. Bottom stuck.
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 19.37.49.jpeg
Slowly but surely it came loose.
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-28 at 19.37.56 (1).jpeg
Very muddy on four places.

wilderwhere

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Hilversum, Netherlands
First Name
Jan
Last Name
David
Member #

Saturday was a very fun and gradual introduction to offroad driving. Loved the scenary that we passed along the way, totally different from where I live. Sunday threw me into the deep end, with a car that was definitely not up to the challenges. But yeah, I'm hooked. I really enjoyed the time together on and off the road.

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

Great pictures, look like a lot of fun. You have some experience now with the TET. Is this Line compled legal to drive in NL and is the Line always wide enough for cars?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

All tracks that I drove that weekend, plus all tracks that I drove in Germany are completely legal.
This was at the moment I drove them. I cant garanty anything that happened after that.
Always have a decent navigation system that allowes you to change some little parts. The reason can be that it is prohibited or that the circumstances are too extreme to garantee a safe passage.
We did quit in the Netherlands after the 4th time using a winch. Too wet, too muddy and too much of ruts.
So, then you have to stop and drive around that part.