• HTML tutorial

Traveler III

Trenton, Gilchrist County, Florida, United States
First Name
Remington
Last Name
Dove
Member #

Welcome to our second annual New Year's Mountain Top Jeep and Overlander rendezvous. Come on up to Georgia's highest peak and meet with Jeepers, Overlanders, and adventure drivers from all over the southeast.
DETAILS WILL BE POSTED BELOW AS THEY DEVELOPE!
Sponsored by Wandering Wolf Overland, Peach State Overland, and Expedition Georgia, and Hang Loose Offroad!

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

What kinda temps are average/expected. We will be Baja bound after Christmas and wondering where to spend New Year's eve with fellow curious explorers. Can you camp up there? Are some of you doing NYE there? Coming out of the Nor'east, Georgia is doable with ease.

thedaddybadger

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dallas, GA, USA
First Name
Danny
Last Name
Boles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREZ965
What kinda temps are average/expected. We will be Baja bound after Christmas and wondering where to spend New Year\'s eve with fellow curious explorers. Can you camp up there? Are some of you doing NYE there? Coming out of the Nor\'east, Georgia is doable with ease.
It's Northeast Georgia - your guess on temps is as good as anyone's! It could be 70 & Sunny, or 22 and icy/snowy. If it's the latter, the truth is Brasstown Bald will be closed - but we have a backup plan if that happens, which we'll reveal as we get closer to the event. Last year was an incredibly gorgeous day. Sunny. Clear. And mild temps that required a light jacket and a base layer. There's no camping permitted in the park / at the bald, but there is camping close by - and, we are currently evaluating the possibility of adding a campout this year. The plan has always been to add it down the road if there was demand, and we've been blown away with the turnout and response to this event so far, and are seriously considering making that happen sooner than we expected.

Reactions: RJ Howell

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Please add me to the list / thread... I'm up. That photo is awesome! We are blessed to live in a state with so much beauty and lots of off-road to explore!

wklambert

Rank I

Contributor III

Florida, USA
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Lambert
Love Brasstown Bald. Been going there, since I was a kid w my grandparents. I even did a picture re-creation a couple years ago. It is gorgeous up there.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
The day I went up to Brasstown Bald it was sunny and in the 60's in town (Helen) but in the low 30's with thick fog at the top of Brasstown Bald, no view at all. I'd like to go back and will keep an eye on this but I'll probably be hunting.

the4burgetts

Rank V

Explorer I

Columbus, OH, USA
First Name
Echo
Last Name
Burgett
Member #

Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I’m looking at attending this event and currently looking into NYE locations and plans to get us closer to Bald Mountain. I’m going to register and keep an eye on this thread.

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Was there last year. Saw some awesome rigs and met some great people. I'm planning on being there.