Tearing Up Logging Roads *PIC HEAVY*

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Today was the first day I have had some free time in the past week, so I decided to capitalize on the warm weather and go explore some new logging roads. I had planned a route for later this summer to take to go dispersed camping so I took advantage of a warm clear day and went and scoped the roads for good areas to camp.

I strapped on my gun and grabbed my keys. It felt like summer cruising down the county roads past all the ranches and acres of land with the windows down and the sweet sound of Alan Jackson's voice coming from the speakers. It took about an hour to get to the start of the maze of the logging roads. But once I heard the familiar sound of rocks crackling and grinding against each other under my tires I was smiling from ear to ear. The truck was climbing this mountain like a billy goat, all the ruts and fallen trees were no match.

IMG_2233.JPG

It was awesome looking down on the valley and seeing the Nooksack river flowing. I was amazed at the views and I wasn't even half way to my intended destination. The road smoothed out for a bit which was a welcomed change and I continued to climb.

IMG_2237.JPG

The sun was starting to get low in the sky and I knew I wasn't going to make it to my destination in time to see the sunset. The road started to get more rutted and I even passed by some snow patches (although nothing as scary and deep as my trip to the Olympics a few weeks ago) so the going was slow. With the golden hour starting to set in I turned around and started down the mountain to a pull out that had a huge view of the valley.

IMG_2236.JPG

I pulled over and got out of the truck. I knew this was going to be an epic sunset so I set up my phone and started taking pictures.

IMG_2232.JPG
IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2231.JPG
It was one of the best sunsets I have seen, my pictures don't do it justice. I hung out and sat on top of the truck as the last sliver of the golden inferno slipped behind the mountains. After taking in the scenery I had a moment of introspection and thought about how fortunate I am in my life. I know that exploring like this and seeing the beauty of nature is something that I want to do forever. I am so lucky to be able to have a vehicle that I can take out and not have to worry about it breaking down or being stranded. I am so lucky to be financially able to go on adventures like this and afford the vehicle and the gas and the time it takes. These moments are so very important in life because things can change in an instant but memories last forever.

IMG_2239.JPG
IMG_2230.JPG

Thanks for reading!

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Very cool!! Unfortunately Indiana doesn't have much like that to go see..

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

You have beautiful Pike to catch in the rivers though!

I want to visit Indiana and check out the fish and of course the Indianapolis 500.
We have a unofficial Overland Bound meetup at Redbird SRA in Indiana on June 25th and 26th. You are more than welcome to join!

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Today was the first day I have had some free time in the past week, so I decided to capitalize on the warm weather and go explore some new logging roads. I had planned a route for later this summer to take to go dispersed camping so I took advantage of a warm clear day and went and scoped the roads for good areas to camp.

I strapped on my gun and grabbed my keys. It felt like summer cruising down the county roads past all the ranches and acres of land with the windows down and the sweet sound of Alan Jackson's voice coming from the speakers. It took about an hour to get to the start of the maze of the logging roads. But once I heard the familiar sound of rocks crackling and grinding against each other under my tires I was smiling from ear to ear. The truck was climbing this mountain like a billy goat, all the ruts and fallen trees were no match.

View attachment 2932

It was awesome looking down on the valley and seeing the Nooksack river flowing. I was amazed at the views and I wasn't even half way to my intended destination. The road smoothed out for a bit which was a welcomed change and I continued to climb.

View attachment 2933

The sun was starting to get low in the sky and I knew I wasn't going to make it to my destination in time to see the sunset. The road started to get more rutted and I even passed by some snow patches (although nothing as scary and deep as my trip to the Olympics a few weeks ago) so the going was slow. With the golden hour starting to set in I turned around and started down the mountain to a pull out that had a huge view of the valley.

View attachment 2934

I pulled over and got out of the truck. I knew this was going to be an epic sunset so I set up my phone and started taking pictures.

View attachment 2935
View attachment 2936
View attachment 2937
It was one of the best sunsets I have seen, my pictures don't do it justice. I hung out and sat on top of the truck as the last sliver of the golden inferno slipped behind the mountains. After taking in the scenery I had a moment of introspection and thought about how fortunate I am in my life. I know that exploring like this and seeing the beauty of nature is something that I want to do forever. I am so lucky to be able to have a vehicle that I can take out and not have to worry about it breaking down or being stranded. I am so lucky to be financially able to go on adventures like this and afford the vehicle and the gas and the time it takes. These moments are so very important in life because things can change in an instant but memories last forever.

View attachment 2938
View attachment 2939

Thanks for reading!
Thanks for sharing how beautiful Washington is. My family took a trip up to La Conner last year in June and I was mesmerized by the beauty. What a cool little fishing town. La Conner is a town in Skagit County, Washington for those wondering. It's about 40 - 45 minutes north of Seattle.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

My sister in law lives in Curtiss or curtis? I dunno. I've driven there twice. Oregon and Washington are begging me to go drive around and stay for a Lil bit.