Tax return plans?

• HTML tutorial

NorCal451

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

El Dorado County
Member #

Who's planning to use their tax returns to make some rig and/or gear upgrades? What are y'all planning on getting?

John 15:13

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

I will have about half the money, but, by the time I get my return and save till May, I will have enough to get OME BP-51 and Slee Sliders. So, yay to May! I will be traveling Colorado, Utah, California and Arizona after........CAN'T WAIT!!!

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

Big plans for us. Getting the Diamondback truck cover, RCI rack, and a bunch of other upgrades in gear. Oh and finally a full size spare!

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

This year's return is subsidizing wheels, tires, and a coil leveling kit w/ shocks, all of which have been ordered.

Numbers and I don't get along; math and I broke up in the spring of 1998. When I first started teaching I got the business teacher to help me set my W-4 and it was almost dead on. I have since purchased a house and had two kids, but I always forget to change my W-4. It's not worth the headache to me to figure out what it would have to be adjusted to. I think they may make something like $20 off my interest for the year. I'll imagine it's going to support the arts, or ends up in some G.I.'s paycheck. I'm ok with that.
Good lord man those kids can save you some dough.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

If I get a tax return I'll probably save the money for my 2 planned roadtrips this summer, if not I'll have to save up abit more each month.

Sent from my Samsung S7 using the OB app.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

We are using our returns for house taxes, go figure. But if I had to spend the money on something I would build a roof rack for the camper shell and gas for a summer trip.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

When I worked, I adjusted my W4 every couple of years to come as close to zero either way as I could. Now that I'm retired but too young for Medicare, I pay more for medical insurance than my income, so I don't pay any taxes. :( 19 more months, and I'll be getting a $28k/year raise!

Reactions: Terry Pickens

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

When I worked, I adjusted my W4 every couple of years to come as close to zero either way as I could. Now that I'm retired but too young for Medicare, I pay more for medical insurance than my income, so I don't pay any taxes. :( 19 more months, and I'll be getting a $28k/year raise!
I'm in sales so my income is constantly changing therefore making it impossible to hit that zero either way mark. I'm envious of you. I can't imagine ever not having to work.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NorCal451

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

El Dorado County
Member #

Ive got no idea really. A roof rack basket for my FJC possibly. Maybe some struts. I bought a couple items to my my firearms CA compliant (I move back in may) which is a necessary evil I guess. Otherwise I guess I don't really need anything. Some of it will surely go toward credit cards and savings.

John 15:13