Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Hey Michael,

Have you thought of using Tapatalk on mobile devices for the forum? @administrator

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi @cappy410 , I have considered it and most likely will! I am getting things settled with the forums and improving performance and stability. I may change forum packages all together. once that is settled - tapa talk!

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Just a quick note, I use TaT almost exclusively except a couple of needed forums that don't support it. In fact, I found OB thru Tapatalk...

Many forum admins don't like it because it doesn't show the advertising that gets them paid.

Reactions: Michael

TreXTerra

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Salt Lake City, Utah
Member #

Users of Tapatalk should also know that they datamine the crap out of their users. I stopped using Tapatalk because they run what is essentially a man-in-the-middle attack and redirect all link traffic through their servers before getting you where you want to go. They also insert fake advertising threads into forums - threads that don't exist when you go to the forum outside of their app.

Finally, the only way to delete your account with them, or make any changes, is to install their app and accept their terms and conditions just to try to cancel the account.

Reactions: Tim and Michael

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I have never used Tapatalk myself.. not heard a lot about it either.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Users of Tapatalk should also know that they datamine the crap out of their users. I stopped using Tapatalk because they run what is essentially a man-in-the-middle attack and redirect all link traffic through their servers before getting you where you want to go. They also insert fake advertising threads into forums - threads that don't exist when you go to the forum outside of their app.

Finally, the only way to delete your account with them, or make any changes, is to install their app and accept their terms and conditions just to try to cancel the account.
Thanks, been wondering about using the app, not anymore!

Reactions: Michael