Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I took someone's advice here and dug out an old canvas duffle I had in the garage. My old trash bag was worn and trashed last year. I was going to buy a new one until I saw someone mention duffle.
5 days on the Mojave Road. Worked great.
All I had to do was figure out the best way to thread the strap through my rim and how much of the opening to clip shut. One of the guys in the group had a small issue with his trasheroo. It fell off. He had to swap out a tire and the one on the carrier now was flat. he didn't remember to "resize" the straps and it worked itself off. Mine wouldn't have the issue because it threaded through the rim. Initially I was worried the strap would rub the finish off but, it didn't.
There ya go...now I don't have to buy a trash bag and I can stuff it full of firewood.

Reactions: FJ Montana

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
since these trash collecting bags are considered "accessories"...the real question is if they are supposed to match the vehicle color OR the vehicle rims? kind of like how a belt is supposed to match the shoes. so does a tan pickup with black rims get a tan or black bag??
It really depends on the time of year. Is it after May 1st? If so rims until Sep 30, then the truck. I saw it on the interwebz, so it must be true.

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm