Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Young Harris, Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mauldin
Member #

I'm looking for a trash system for my Gladiator. I want something that's durable and easy to remove when I'm not on trail. I've seen several different models online but would prefer to hear from actual users. Possibly a tailgate mount might or mounting something to the inside of my Rebal Offroad EXPLOR rack. Just curious what other pickup systems folks have.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I just use a Trasharoo bag, which can wrap around my truck tailgate. Since I haven't used it a lot mine hasn't faded like others who go out more than me lol.

Reactions: LumixLab

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
So the Trasharoo will work pretty well on a tailgate. Wasn't sure if the straps would conform.
It will but if using on a tailgate, I would look elsewhere. Since the Trasharoo has plastic attachment thingys, it could potentially scratch up your paint. I still have mine because I have since purchased a spare tire hitch carrier, which the Trasheroo properly attaches to.

Terran Mace

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Sedalia Mo
First Name
Terran
Last Name
Mace
Member #

I'm looking for a trash system for my Gladiator. I want something that's durable and easy to remove when I'm not on trail. I've seen several different models online but would prefer to hear from actual users. Possibly a tailgate mount might or mounting something to the inside of my Rebal Offroad EXPLOR rack. Just curious what other pickup systems folks have.
I have a few seabags I can mail you one if you'd like.i was going to just donate them to goodwill anyways.

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

I use a Trasharoo on my Tundra with no problems with scratching etc. I don't have any fading but I only put it on when I'm using it.

LumixLab

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Young Harris, Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mauldin
Member #

I have a few seabags I can mail you one if you'd like.i was going to just donate them to goodwill anyways.
I have an old military duffel bag. Never thought about using it but I think it might attach well to the inside of my bed rack. I’m going to give that a try. Thanks!

Reactions: Correus

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
Home depot bucket, matching sealing lid (with gasket), and yard waste trash bags....Easy and cheap. Worked great on the last trip.
I wish I had a bed, I'd go with a bucket too... but I'd probably opt for a 7-10 gallon size (with Gamma Seal lid). It's nice to have rigid container over a floppy canvas one.

Last edited:

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

i just trash bags and box from stuff i brought and i throw it in the bed of thr truck, my friend who usually comes has a trasharoo so i might use his. I do try to pack stuff i bring so i have no trash

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
depends on where we are and access to a trash can, but generally we just take the plastic bags from walmart, lowes, etc and put the loop handle over a door knob or whatever and fill the bag when i'm cooking. empty cans, napkins, etc go in the walmart bag and after i'm done and the area is cleaned up, i tie off the bag and take it to a trash can if i'm at a park and if not, i'll use a bag for each meal and tie them off and stick them in one of the large black contractor's trash bag and then when we leave the site to go into town for supplies, etc, i'll take the big trash bag and take it to a dumpster at a dollar general, gas station, etc. i guess if animals were a problem, putting the big trash bag inside of a big duffle bag might keep small varmits from ripping the bag...guess trash is more of a problem for larger groups boondocking and not leaving the area for days at a time and getting a big build up of garbage.

Terran Mace

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Sedalia Mo
First Name
Terran
Last Name
Mace
Member #

I have an old military duffel bag. Never thought about using it but I think it might attach well to the inside of my bed rack. I’m going to give that a try. Thanks!
No problem. I have ao much extra gear I never mind giving it away to anyone who wants it.

Terran Mace

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Sedalia Mo
First Name
Terran
Last Name
Mace
Member #

You talking about sea bags specifically?
Not a Navy guy, but the sea bags I've seen seem a bit thin to the Army duffle bags I have. The basic one is available in various sizes now. I have mine from when I was in, as well as a couple more. There are different styles as well.

View attachment 171844
Thank you for the visual. I didn't actually know about the size differences

Reactions: Correus

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Do they make one for just tailgates? I like the trasharoo but I don’t have a spare tire mount for the back yet. Still under my truck.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Trasharoo works well. Mine is a little faded but it's holding up. The plastic doesn't touch the paint it goes on the inside of the tailgate.

View attachment 173192
Nice! I'll look at getting me one then. If they weren't more expensive, I thought about using an ursac just to keep all the critters out. Reckon the trash a roo is bout the same though!

Reactions: diabetiktaco