Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Can anyone share a photo and the name of their flip down tailgate table for their Jeep Wrangler?

I've watched a few videos and am trying to decide on which one to get. It seems that the Goose Gear (with bamboo slide out) has been a popular one that has proven itself.

I'm sure there are others and maybe some DIY mods.

Would love to see some photos. If it isn't a DIY, please include the name of the product and company. Thanks!

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I have the Frontrunner tailgate table. It can be a bit hard to fold down, but it was only $130. I will have to look for a pic.

Reactions: MazeVX

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Thanks for sharing the photo. Have you seen the Goose Gear versions? If so how would you compare yours to those? There are no wrong answers, I'm just curious about your experience with yours if you've had it a minute.

By the way that is the best use of a d-ring ever. For the freaking win!

You still up in WA state? I was just there. Beautiful country up there!

Eric AKA Jeepsies

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
No, I haven’t seen the Goose Gear table. I’ve had this over a year, no problems so far. The Frontrunner gets some bad reviews because of lackluster installation instructions, and how hard it latches. It doesn’t bother me any, I took my time installing it. I would rather save hundreds on something that does the exact same thing as an overpriced unit.
I don’t think a tailgate table would be all that hard to make. I like to build my own stuff, but for $100 and something, I pulled the trigger on this table so I could concentrate on the rest of my build. I don’t regret it.
Yeah, we found the big carabiner at Home Depot I think. The D-ring works great to clip the carabiner to to hold the leashes.
We are still in Washington.

Reactions: Hourless Life

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

@Jeepsies, I run the Outback Adventures Trailgater table.

I went with their system for a few reasons, very impressive build quality, style, extended cutting board/table space, and installs with no drilling at all.

It’s definitely one of my most used mods

View attachment 66267
That looks pretty sweet. Would you get that one again or would you lean towards another manufacturer if you had it to do over? Sounds like you like it.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

That looks pretty sweet. Would you get that one again or would you lean towards another manufacturer if you had it to do over? Sounds like you like it.
Would definitely get it again. I didn’t mention it before, but it’s also 100% rattle free. It’s not a cheap table, but all the attributes I mentioned before made me feel comfortable with the purchase.

S

SubeeBen

I have to be blunt $329.00 is completely outrageous. I know it looks nice & looks very well built but let’s get real ! It probably cost them $30 to build. I’m sorry but just my 2 cents. Nice product but way out of line as far as their price !!!

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I have to be blunt $329.00 is completely outrageous. I know it looks nice & looks very well built but let’s get real ! It probably cost them $30 to build. I’m sorry but just my 2 cents. Nice product but way out of line as far as their price !!!
I got mine on sale for just over $200. But still it was expensive.

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Tuffy makes a tailgate security box for the new JL Wrangler that is 6" deep and the door folds down for use as a flip down table, too. It is $299 and appears easy to install. It can hold 40lbs on the table. I'm seriously considering this, for both the table and the very secure storage. I'm just hedging on putting 29lbs additional pounds on the tailgate, plus whatever is stored. I like the idea of this kind of secure storage for a firearm, when traveling, too.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I made a tailgate table that I can easily put on my TJ or LJ when I need it.

It's held in place by 2 brackets that go over the tailgate. It doesn't require any hardware except for the 4 thumbscrews that connect the table to the brackets. I can take it with me in 3 pieces and assemble it when I get there (camping, tailgating, etc.) . I can also lift it off when I want to.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I made a tailgate table that I can easily put on my TJ or LJ when I need it.

It's held in place by 2 brackets that go over the tailgate. It doesn't require any hardware except for the 4 thumbscrews that connect the table to the brackets. I can take it with me in 3 pieces and assemble it when I get there (camping, tailgating, etc.) . I can also lift it off when I want to.

Very nice! I only wish I was that creative!