Influencer II

Yorba Linda, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Petsche
Member #

Hello OB Community

I just installed the EyeCatcher TACOMA tailgate accessory yesterday and love it.

I was not happy with the embossed TACOMA lettering on the tailgate being painted the same as the truck. I know a lot of the car companies (trucks specific) are going with this look on their vehicles, just not a fan personally. SO, I went to Amazon, paid $39.88 and installed yesterday. SUPER SUPER easy and took only a few minutes.

I put a video together and posted on YouTube on how to install

Tacoma.Tailgate.png

Clean look and I removed the chrome V6 badge. Replacing with 4X4
black matte badge where the V6 was and the TRD black matte on the
opposite side.
Tacoma.Tailgate2.jpeg

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hello OB Community

I just installed the EyeCatcher TACOMA tailgate accessory yesterday and love it.

I was not happy with the embossed TACOMA lettering on the tailgate being painted the same as the truck. I know a lot of the car companies (trucks specific) are going with this look on their vehicles, just not a fan personally. SO, I went to Amazon, paid $39.88 and installed yesterday. SUPER SUPER easy and took only a few minutes.

I would have to agree with you on this point. Personally I think it is a bad move on manufactures to same a buck. I get it from business stand point but from a purely looks point of view bad move. I would say it looks 100% better with the black lettering.