Brookings, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Charles
Member #

Oh hi Overlanders,
Thanks for checking out my thread.
To the point, my first Overlander build. Will be set up for mild to moderate trails, as well as highway civil. Going for small footprint and as light as I can make it
Base truck I a 2017 TRD Offroad, it was a toss up between this and my 17 4Runner, but the taco has a lot of Offroad equipment built in.
The going in list
Wheels; 17x8 steel fj wheels, bent is just bent, cracked aluminum doesn’t hold air
Tire; entertaining bfg at 285-70-17 not set in stone
Suspension; ome front- 886 springs, 90000 shocks, total chaos upper and lower control arms. Rear ome el096r springs and 60091 shocks as well as airbags
Going to 4.88 pinion gears, not sure what Toyota was thinking with 3.73.
Other gear at this point;
Arb compressor, interstate agm battery, snorkel, decked bed storage, RCI bed rack with hutch rtt, arb rear diff breather, 12k winch
Some add on bed stiffeners, and additional recovery points, and drive train skid plates

I will update with pics and additional equipment as it evolves.
Very willing to hear input, and will be searching forum for info
Interested in tire choices, as well as good sources for stuff

Fluids for axles, royal purple, unless you know a better one
Is there a 2 battery setup for gen3 taco
Blah blah bla

Attachments

Pinion

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brookings, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Charles
Member #

Would love some help on a dual battery proper wire
I already have the red arch, and blue sea breakers, just looking to do proper cable layout, I will be running separate power block for lighting, compressor and what not. Bed comes with power supply and inverter, so no additional power to the bed

Bradb55

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Pensacola, FL
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Blanchard
Member #

Man....... I have only owned my 2019 Frontier for 2 weeks and I want to put a Roof Rack on but do not have the balls to do it....yet.

Anyways good looking truck

Reactions: JCWages and Pinion

Pinion

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brookings, OR, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Charles
Member #

Pffft, the what?

Yes I did, and installed the black breather caps as well. The only thing I would recommend to any future installers is to connect wire harness before mounting as well