Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I could'nt find your post.

Dry weight before modifications was 373lbs. It is probably in the 450-475lbs now with frame stiffener/tongue extender and larger wheels. I usually have about 100-200lbs. in the trailer depending on the trip. Most of that weight is what I normally would be carrying in the Jeep so that is really a wash.
it’s in the member only forums :(

Reactions: GHCOE

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Hey George (and anybody else who has any footage of my rig). I've created a folder where, if you'd be willing to share footage with me, I'd love to have it uploaded. If you would be so kind as to upload to the following folder, I'd really appreciate it!

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Here's hoping this trip is less hairy than the last one. Not sure how I'd feel about sliding down hill in the mud with my 4yo in the rig with me.
It wasn't that bad was it. I especially loved the uphill rumble in the Jeep. Finally go to put it in 4 Wheel Drive - and 4-low to top off the excitement. I can't wait to see some of the PICs and Videos...

If you (or anyone else) has pics and videos of this trip, please post a copy here...
Please copies of your Pictures and Videos here...

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Thanks to all who came out to share this adventure. Turned out to be a great day to be out. Hiking weather was perfect!
Here are some pictures. George.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png

Reactions: Sparksalot

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
This "Uncut" is a climb up a hill on our "Falls" trip. This uncut I decided to change between the dash cam and the hand held camera. Even though there is two cameras used it is still a not stop documentary of the climb. Thanks for watching. George.

Reactions: Desert Runner

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
This "Uncut" is a climb up a hill on our "Falls" trip. This uncut I decided to change between the dash cam and the hand held camera. Even though there is two cameras used it is still a not stop documentary of the climb. Thanks for watching. George.

This was a fun hill. Again, the video doesn't really show how steep this was. Nice video as always George.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
We had a great time George. Sorry we had to bail before that hill run - but had to get Chava home... Looking forward to next time.

If you are anyone has video of us climbing up that muddy hill where everyone parked for the walk to/from the falls, I've love to see it...

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Another day in last summers Ruby trip to northern Nevada. This trip is mostly covering our hike up to Lamoille Lake in the Ruby range.

mtbidaho

Rank 0

Traveler I

Boise, iD
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Shaber
I'm looking to venture into the Owyhees this weekend. Will pull TT (rPod) in for a base camp. I found this thread looking for ideas. We may keep it as simple as drive in Wilson Creek and just hike. That is unless I come up with more interesting option. Any thoughts?

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
I'm looking to venture into the Owyhees this weekend. Will pull TT (rPod) in for a base camp. I found this thread looking for ideas. We may keep it as simple as drive in Wilson Creek and just hike. That is unless I come up with more interesting option. Any thoughts?
You might check out Succor Creek in Oregon. They have a free campground there and it is a good spot to explore the area and good hiking too. Succor Creek State Natural Area - Oregon State Parks

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Winter Wonderland IV
Feb 6, 2021
Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Dan's Ferry Services, 1984 ID-45, Melba, ID 83641
Destination: Snake River/Owyhee
Estimated Duration: 1 days
Estimated Distance: 73 miles (Dan's Ferry Service to Dan's Ferry Service, 1984 ID-45, Melba, ID 83641)
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

Hard to believe it is time for Winter Wonderland IV, but here it is. This time I am staying low in the Snake River area so probably will not be too much snow, but could be some mud.

Winter Wonderland IV.png

View attachment 636998I will be following two tracks, some of which are part of the Oregon trail, through the area. I may encounter some tight brush and possible rocky areas. Depending on weather there could be some moving water in places and as mentioned above mud.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

See you on the Trails, George.

Reactions: ScottEtkin

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Winter Wonderland IV
Feb 6, 2021
Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Dan's Ferry Services, 1984 ID-45, Melba, ID 83641
Destination: Snake River/Owyhee
Estimated Duration: 1 days
Estimated Distance: 73 miles (Dan's Ferry Service to Dan's Ferry Service, 1984 ID-45, Melba, ID 83641)
Comms Channels: HAM=146.480, GRMS=17, CB=13
Zello Channel (phone app): SW Idaho Overlanding and 4x4

Hard to believe it is time for Winter Wonderland IV, but here it is. This time I am staying low in the Snake River area so probably will not be too much snow, but could be some mud.

View attachment 184145

View attachment 636998I will be following two tracks, some of which are part of the Oregon trail, through the area. I may encounter some tight brush and possible rocky areas. Depending on weather there could be some moving water in places and as mentioned above mud.

This is not a guided tour and all who attend are ultimately responsible for their own safety. I am not responsible for damage, injury and or death. You partake under your own free will knowing the dangers of such activities.

See you on the Trails, George.
While I'm happy I have a job, I f-ing hate having to work weekends, which means I'm out. Schedule was supposed to change after Christmas, but it hasn't yet.

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
While I'm happy I have a job, I f-ing hate having to work weekends, which means I'm out. Schedule was supposed to change after Christmas, but it hasn't yet.
Dang! I was hoping to be able to use your new traction boards...

Good thing I picked up a couple sets of the cheapies. Figured if they only last for one recovery it is still better than a price of a tow. Sorry to hear of your work schedule. Been there, done that. You still have 3 weeks so maybe it will change by then?