Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

that is an awesome setup. my dad has one of those little rockets. fun little cars. i like what you have done to it a lot better though.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

KK Renegade

Rank 0

Traveler I

Very nice to see this. I own what I think is a smaller SUV. In hind sight I wish I would of got a bigger SUV before I found this forum and got the itch to start my build, but the wife has a large crossover due to the fact we have 3 kids. I felt we didn't need 2 large vehicles in the garage. Nonetheless this is cool and you guys are an inspiration.

20170723_112427.jpg

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Very nice to see this. I own what I think is a smaller SUV. In hind sight I wish I would of got a bigger SUV before I found this forum and got the itch to start my build, but the wife has a large crossover due to the fact we have 3 kids. I felt we didn't need 2 large vehicles in the garage. Nonetheless this is cool and you guys are an inspiration.

View attachment 29790
Nice rig !....and thank you

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Anyone think of an XJ as small? I tried to get into a friend of mines once and felt like I looked like 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack. He loved that truck.....
Love this thread.....

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

Yeah, I was lazy and didn't take any other rig pics but it was just a simple fishing trip this time around. The group I went with can't go without ac in 100+ temps so we were staying in low cost motels. I don't trust hotel beds so the orange box came along with bedding and the outdoor cushion that makes my cot very comfy in cool temps. It was a good test run before some of the longer trips this fall and winter.

I did get to test out the water system on my trailer. 7 gallons goes quick with 4 adults and two kids rinsing salt water, sand and kiddo messes off of everything. But the 1 gpm on demand pump and half gallonish pvc hydropneumatic tank worked great. Now I just need to settle on the volume.

First cast caught a stargazer, a very interesting group of fishes.

Got my buddy onto his first decent sized fish that provided 10+ pounds of steaks and some bait.

They were wearing down quick in the heat so on the last full day I went scouting a new spot while they rested.
Ended up working out.

Tagged and released a little black tip shark for a Texas A&M research project that seeks to examine migration, habitat use, and movements of coastal sharks. Then later that evening I reeled in a bait that had been getting chewed on by another decent sting ray. Had I waited a few more minutes I might have gotten to fill my meat cooler.