Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I got truck with already rear air bag/spring were installed bt previous owner. So I took for quick trip for off road, to try truck and to know limits. So what is interested with airbag it would not flex much and keep wheel on ground, check pictures below. Airbag at 10 psi each as I read 5 psi is too bouncing. So my question is good or bad, I have no idea about those things?
Truck at 13 deg angle.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Need a pic of the bags. Not flexed or anything, just need to see type of bag.

While the ground is angled, it looks too flat to flex much. Set just one tire on a rock.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Try a Daystar spring cup. Might have to reroute that vent or brakeline in the bottom of the pic.

Should worlk with those bags. If not there's a company that makes knockoff Firestone bags cheap, that'll most likely bolt right in. Maybe drill the mounting plates, but I doubt it.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Try a Daystar spring cup. Might have to reroute that vent or brakeline in the bottom of the pic.

Should worlk with those bags. If not there's a company that makes knockoff Firestone bags cheap, that'll most likely bolt right in. Maybe drill the mounting plates, but I doubt it.
So Daystar is allow air bag travels with rear diff flex, is it right? As right I have all hard bolted together between frame and rear diff suspension, is it what you meant to say ?

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
The Daystar cup allows the bottom of the spring to be unbolted. So the axle can droop as much as it did from the factory. Airbags often restrict down travel.

It'll also prevent damage when the truck is on a lift.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I ordered those caps, will next week. I will at 15 deg rear wheel is almost of the ground. Will check when cradle installs