Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

Hi all,
I'm looking for the suggestions on blanket brand to put down on top of mattress in RTT (IKamper 2.0) I need large as 2.0 floor size about 83 x 77 inch. I can't find something this size but Amazon sells woolen blanket about 88 x 65 inch.
But i need something warm to separate cold floor from sleeping area. Please suggestion of the brand

Last edited:

DeltaBravo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sun City, TX
First Name
Dennis
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG1N
I've had good luck with simple moving blankets. Amazon has a bunch of 80x72 for not much money. HTH

Reactions: phlfly

ISH

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Smoky Mountain, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Isherwood
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hello,
We are looking for the same thing. We have a Boreas XT Camper and looking for a warm blanket for the winter. Something that could withstand outdoor, camping, Overlanding environments & conditions.

Let me know if you come up with anything and I'll do the same.

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

in end i got Oceas Sherpa Waterproof Camping Blanket. t seems to me a good price little higher but it's very large plus it comes with bag.

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
I second the Sherpa blanket. Although I personally prefer to just camp with my sleeping bag and everyone uses theirs. It's the best way to keep warm during winter. As well as using a portable heater if you can. It can be tricky winter camping depending on where you are. Perhaps to separate the cold floor you want to get even just a yoga mat to work as insulator. I know iKamper makes an inner insulation layer. Maybe that works?

JasonJM

Rank I

Contributor III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Michael
We haven't used this in our RTT in the way you described and I'm not sure of their largest dimensions - the one we have is 59 by 77, but I've used it with large inflatable mattress while tent camping and it made a significant difference in the warmth over not using it. It's a picnic blanket we picked up on amazon and the reason I think it works so well for this purpose is that it has an aluminum film/foil reflective side on the bottom (which would normally go on the ground for picnic), and the top is a soft fleece material so you get insulation and the reflection of the cold down. We inflated the mattress, put the picnic blanket on top with the silver side down, fleece up and then sleeping bags on top of that. Subjectively, it felt like a 10-15 degree comfort difference over the night before w/o the blanket. It was also relatively cheap considering other options like Pendelton. I will say that the quality was not great, but with a little care, I expect it to last 5 years+. This is the one we have on Amazon.

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
We haven't used this in our RTT in the way you described and I'm not sure of their largest dimensions - the one we have is 59 by 77, but I've used it with large inflatable mattress while tent camping and it made a significant difference in the warmth over not using it. It's a picnic blanket we picked up on amazon and the reason I think it works so well for this purpose is that it has an aluminum film/foil reflective side on the bottom (which would normally go on the ground for picnic), and the top is a soft fleece material so you get insulation and the reflection of the cold down. We inflated the mattress, put the picnic blanket on top with the silver side down, fleece up and then sleeping bags on top of that. Subjectively, it felt like a 10-15 degree comfort difference over the night before w/o the blanket. It was also relatively cheap considering other options like Pendelton. I will say that the quality was not great, but with a little care, I expect it to last 5 years+. This is the one we have on Amazon.
I like the reflection feature idea. I was thinking a yoga mat beneath the mattress could do the trick for insulation as well as additional "comfort", but perhaps your idea is even better. I don't know how a yoga mat insulates. Regardless, still if temperatures get very low, a portable heater is a great choice. Found this article which talks about a few.

Bpjr07

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Baldwin Park, CA, USA
First Name
Ramiro
Last Name
Vargas
Member #

Curios how cold do you go?

Would like a 1" matress topper kill 2 birds with one stone, give you insulation and and extra padding? You might find them similar price to a giant blanket.

DIYTaco15

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

For mine I use the heating duck wrap you get from Home Depot and put it under my mattress and it comes up a few inches higher that the mattress

dpsmedic

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

NorCal
Member #

Hi all,
I'm looking for the suggestions on blanket brand to put down on top of mattress in RTT (IKamper 2.0) I need large as 2.0 floor size about 83 x 77 inch.
Hello,
We are looking for the same thing.
Prometheus Design Werx A.G. Quilt - Currently out of stock but you can be notified via email when back in stock. Designed for a roof top tent @ 84x92 A.G. Wilderness Quilt

Enlightened Equipment Itsca Down Quilt @ 90x86 Enlightened Equipment Quilt

Last edited:
Reactions: phlfly