Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Temple, TX, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

We'll be set up very well for cooking! @Tex.Proud and I found out that you can fit a pound of breakfast sausage and a dozen eggs on the skottle
Nice. Well, I'll still have my gear. I've condensed it to one bag and the big box, so I'll have some cleaning supplies, too. Need me to bring tools or fluids or anything automotive?

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

I mean like I normally have a spare belt and fluids. Sometimes hubs and stuff. I haven't explored that area before, so I don't know what we're getting into lol
It's nothing crazy. We can drive the 3 mile road to the back of the property, it's a fun road with plenty of chances for pinstripes and even roof pinstripes!

KA7USA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
It's nothing crazy. We can drive the 3 mile road to the back of the property, it's a fun road with plenty of chances for pinstripes and even roof pinstripes!
- My topper is 7'5" to ground. I'm guessing it will be okay? Besides, my spic-n-span taco needs some character in the way of pinstripes.
- Cleared my sked. Trip down to join in on the fun is starting to look solid.
- Is there anything I can bring to pitch in? Eggs, milk, beer, OU stickers? hehe; anything. Just name it.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

- My topper is 7'5" to ground. I'm guessing it will be okay? Besides, my spic-n-span taco needs some character in the way of pinstripes.
- Cleared my sked. Trip down to join in on the fun is starting to look solid.
- Is there anything I can bring to pitch in? Eggs, milk, beer, OU stickers? hehe; anything. Just name it.
Alcohol is usually BYOB unless you want others to try your stuff. If you want to bring eggs or bacon or sausage feel free to. We can cook it up. We have never been lacking on beer and food. You don't have to drive your rig to the end of the road if you don't want to. We are camping closer to the front and the trees are usually trimmed high enough that there isn't an issue with height. The last time I drove to the end the trees were pretty low, I was smacking my Prinsu rack of some bigger limbs and I only have a 3 inch lift.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

We drove out to sulphur springs yesterday. Is there a lot of large drinking groups out there. We noticed several fire rings overflowing with empty beer cans. Also, if you go out here, I would advise to bring your own potty system. Theirs looks scary. The location was very nice. We drove all the way to the end. Never had any issues.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

We drove out to sulphur springs yesterday. Is there a lot of large drinking groups out there. We noticed several fire rings overflowing with empty beer cans. Also, if you go out here, I would advise to bring your own potty system. Theirs looks scary. The location was very nice. We drove all the way to the end. Never had any issues.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people that don't give a damn about the condition they leave their campsite in. I always bring extra trash bags to clean up as much as I can after them. It's usually a pretty quiet area to camp

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

First time overlanding. Not sure I have all the gear I need for my 2WD. I'll try to drive up on Fri mid-day. how do I find this place without GPS?

San Saba County removed fire ban-so camp fires ok--I'll bring wood. What else can I bring?

Thanks

Scott
Google Maps should let you download the directions to your phone and still guide you to our location. When driving the road to the camp spots look for the sign that says "if you're just looking, turn around now" and take a left down the hill towards the river. You can't miss my orange Tacoma. It's private property so we can have a fire anytime as long as we are using it to cook, I keep a package of sausages handy in case anyone asks. Just bring whatever you want to drink and any food you want to throw in for community meals. Mornings will be breakfast tacos and I was thinking fajitas Saturday night when everyone is there.

Adventures with Penny

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Peiser
Member #

I'll bring peppers and onions for the fajitas and a bag of tortillas. Sausage and tortillas for breakfast. How many folks do you figure will be there?

I can also make a peach cobble in my dutch oven if anyone wishes.

Scott
Not sure how many people will show up. I expect 10-12 maybe less, maybe more. Cobbler is always welcomed!