Suggestions on new Suspension

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

If you plan on doing any 4wheeling with your truck DO NOT buy a 6 inch lift. They ride like sh*t, decrease ground clearance with the diff drop bracket, raise your center of gravity and are not worth the money. The only good thing about a 6 inch lift is that you look cool at the mall. Like Zach said, I run 35s with only an inch of lift. If you want a kick ass suspension that will take a beating and one that you will never have to worry about here's what you need:

Front:
Icon coilovers - they provide up to 3 inches of lift and they ride like butter, they are height adjustable so you can tinker with height (also adjusts spring rate for when you throw bumpers/winch on the front). Oh, and forget remote reservoirs, I blast through miles of desert at a time with out them and have never experienced shock fade. They just cost more for something you'll never need.

You need uniball upper control arms - Camburg/Icon make some great control arms that are strong and instead of running traditional ball joints they use uniballs which allow for more travel from the coilovers. If you run traditional ball joint control arms they will catastrophically fail which leads to a very costly repair... ask me how I know haha. Dodges are notorious for crap transmissions and ball joints.

Rear:
3 inch lift springs - don't cheap out on a spacer

Icon monotone shocks - again, you don't need resis, get a shock that matches the coilovers and you'll be good to go.

It'll cost about the same as a bracket lift but would blow it out of the water performance wise. Also this way you can run a 16-17 inch wheel so you have more side wall to use.

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

Ejbltlr

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, Oregon
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Found these after a quick search on Amazon. Looks to be the correct set for front/rear.

Icon 2.5 RR Coil-over + 2.0 IR Rear Shock Set 09-16 Ram 1500 4WD 0-3" Lift
Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Yup, just grab some taller springs for the rear and UCAs and you'll fall in love with the way it rides

Louie559

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Long Island, Ny
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Rom
Member #

I don't think rim size impacts the length of rubber brake line one bit. Makes no sense because the distance between brake caliper and hard brake line isn't changing. However, making any
i was thinking body lift .. after thinking about how that doesnt work woth a suspenion lift

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

Talk to John at Poly Performance, he is very knowledgeable. He helped me with the Icon setup on my Tacoma including getting some custom length rear shocks since the off the shelf shocks didn't have the length I needed for the leafs I'm using. I am very happy with the icon coilovers and upper control arms. I would definitely check out the Delta joint ucas. The uniballs drove me nuts with all of the creaking noises. Some guys have great like with uniballs, but even with meticulous cleaning etc I couldn't keep them quiet. The Delta Joint is a high angle greasable ball Joint that replaces the uniball and according to icon is supposed to actually be stronger as well. I am way happier with them and wished that I would've saved a few bucks getting the ucas with them to begin with instead of replacing the uniballs with them later.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Ejbltlr

ntgbrl

Rank II

Advocate II

Last edited: