Suggestions needed for remote/primitive camping around Moab

• HTML tutorial

cwaters

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Perry, GA
Member #

My wife and I will be spending a couple of days around Moab and I'd like to find a remote scenic area where we can primitive camp. Any suggestions?

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I spent a couple days there camping off of Hwy 191. I went east off of the highway on Willow Springs road (I think) and found a lot of areas to camp there. The further east you go, the less likely you are to camp next to someone. And there's some good exploring out that way, and it leads to the back way in to Arches (no pay!).

Also, south of town, west of the highway there's copious areas to put down a stake. Arrive early and check things out.
So much to see, so much to do.

Reactions: Narbob

cwaters

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Perry, GA
Member #

Sounds like some good options, then. Thanks for the info! We can't wait to explore the area.

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

There are some spots along the Beef Basin which is pretty remote. Closer to town, the camping dries up. Most of the boondocking is now closed because people have ruined it. Willow Springs is a popular spot. I camped there for 14 days last year. Lots of full timers. And a lot of traffic on that road.

This where when we explored it, they added pit toilets and NO CAMPING signs in certain places on Willow Springs. Trying to limit folks from not using areas that are not existing.

Yellow Circle Rd is another spot, that if you continue up the road from the ATVers opens up into an area with lots of dispersed. We camped there this year.

Reactions: crit_pw