Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
There are some of us having issues with our watched threads.

Some days I get notifications from mine and some I don't.

The Daily Check In Thread and the local meetup thread are a couple I have issues with.

Some days they'll work fine and some days I get no notifications from them at all.

@BRIAN NABY has similar issues.

Also, how can I unsubscribe from a whole region? I get notifications for the whole area excluding the meetup threads closest to me I'm actually subscribed to.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BRIAN NABY

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Also, how can I unsubscribe from a whole region? I get notifications for the whole area excluding the meetup threads closest to me I'm actually subscribed to.

Thanks.
Go to that region and at the bottom right of the region page you will see a "Unwatch" button, click it.

Jim

Reactions: TerryD

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

The Daily Check In Thread and the local meetup thread are a couple I have issues with.

Some days they'll work fine and some days I get no notifications from them at all.

Thanks.
Terry, how do I make contact with a member who I only know his member name ?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

Thanks.
Ok try this, go to the thread your having issues with, unwatch it, then that unwatch should turn to "watch", select it to watch and a pop up with options should appear, make sure to select with notifications.

That should do it and you will get email notifications.

If you watch a forum (above was for a thread) you will have a different pop up box of options.

Jim

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I
Ok try this, go to the thread your having issues with, unwatch it, then that unwatch should turn to "watch", select it to watch and a pop up with options should appear, make sure to select with notifications.

That should do it and you will get email notifications.

If you watch a forum (above was for a thread) you will have a different pop up box of options.

Jim
Thanks. I have tried this a couple times but will try again and let you know.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Still not getting notifications from the Daily Checkin thread in Google Chrome on android. There were new posts this morning when I pulled up the website but I didn't have the notifications from it.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Still not getting notifications from the Daily Checkin thread in Google Chrome on android. There were new posts this morning when I pulled up the website but I didn't have the notifications from it.
Hi Terry, what "Daily Checkin" thread? Can I get a link? Also, what do you mean by "notification"? Do you mean this?

Image 2.jpg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Here's a link:

And yes, the notification in the top right doesn't always display for certain threads that I'm "watching". This is the one I most commonly notice not having notifications for.
OK cool. I need to ask some basic questions.

Thank you reviewed all the settings here: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/account/preferences to make sure your notifications are set correctly? Also, to be clear, this is not in the current app correct?

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Don't know if you made any changes or if it's something on my end now that I've been paying closer attention, but it seems to be working ok now. I'll keep watching and update as needed.

Thanks.