Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Since I am lazy and do not want to start an official build threa yet I thought I would start a thread for reference to a custom rear offroad bumper that I am getting built and designed by Leadfoot Offroad in Socal. Any questions just let me know. I am not aware of anyone in the US that has done a custom rear offroad bumper to this quality and features like this on this generation Foz. I am trailblazing a new path here and these guys plan on doing more Subarus in the future. These guys know their stuff and are a top notch fab shop. The build should be done in about another week or so. Should be totally completed by next week.

When completed features will include:
1. 3/16 steel construction (yes it supports the weight through added reinforcement..upgrading to stiffer king springs soon as well)
2. Hi jack lift compatible
3. Spare Tire mount
4. Dual D-Ring mounts
5. Dual jerry can holder
6. dual LED lights built into rear bumper with wiring harness

Pics so far
12805788_1021971924533732_5590648451909272058_n

12806227_1022039467860311_2072822675663891247_n

IMG_9125

IMG_9132-1

IMG_9134-1

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

I've been following along on Instagram, so good to see you posting this here. Just a word of warning, though. When calculating the new King Springs, be sure to take into account that there is going to be quite a bit of cantilevered load. I know, because even with my heavier than stock shocks, I still ruined my CV joints and needed two new front axles once I got to Seattle last fall. Look at that front gap, and how little there is in back. And this was after I lifted it, too!

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

Uhhhh duh...haha To me that's common sense if you are going to go this far in a custom build to do your research.. Your doesn't look lifted at all, even n the front. (I realize you have added weight on the rear) I am running a 2" front and 2 3/8" in rear. I should have given you a word of warning not to over due your suspension ;) I have done the research my friends build Subaru lifts for a living so I have their usable feedback if I run into any trouble.

HudsonZRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Washington, USA
First Name
Harley
Last Name
W
Member #

That's a nice looking bumper! Whats the weight of that thing and do you notice any difference when driving?
Thanks man. Its fully custom and I did tons of research before deciding to pull the trigger. This is just in the beginning stages and by next week it will come full circle. Ill post up pics when its done. I rarely go on here anymore really because so much other stuff I have going on, but I will try and remember.