STOVES/KITCHES

• HTML tutorial

300WMTUCK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roseville
Member #

Here is a great review of several models. Outdoor Gear Lab is my goto source for reviews of climbing equipment. They purchase all the gear and usually have multiple people test most of it for months before publishing a review. They don't include the Partner stoves. I think Partner Stoves are very nice and have their place. I feel that the cost of them is largely for the case durability designed into them. My stove rides in an aluminum chuck box so I would have a hard time justifying the cost.

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I've got a single bottle top burner and a small propane camp grill. If I take my trailer, I built an expanded metal stove top on the trailer gate that the single burner drops into. When the fishing gear is unpacked the back of the trailer becomes an outdoor kitchen.

To save the disposable bottles I have a splitter for a refillable tank that let's me use both.

somerset-andy

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Middlezoy, UK
Member #

We use 2 Coleman duel fuel 533's. Gave up on our twin burner and grill gas stove as it's too bulky to move around camp. As most of the time we only need one burner it's so much more convenient with the 533.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I just purchased a Eureka Spire LX stove because I can use it with my jetboil (same fuel source) and it has a nice adjustable burner. Once I use a few times I will write a report.

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I've drifted away from my old Colman white gas stove and have been using a couple of camp chef butane single burners. I usually just bring one depending on what I'm planning on cooking. They're cheap($20) small, light, mess free, cheap butane bottles that seem to last a long time, and work great. I also use a jet boil for quick coffee in the morning. I've been eyeing a partner stove but haven't pulled the trigger since the butane stoves have been working ok and I bought a bulk of butane bottles cheap on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

I've drifted away from my old Colman white gas stove and have been using a couple of camp chef butane single burners. I usually just bring one depending on what I'm planning on cooking. They're cheap($20) small, light, mess free, cheap butane bottles that seem to last a long time, and work great. I also use a jet boil for quick coffee in the morning. I've been eyeing a partner stove but haven't pulled the trigger since the butane stoves have been working ok and I bought a bulk of butane bottles cheap on amazon.

I just got my jetlink to link my Eureka stove to the jetboil. I think it will be nice just carry one fuel source.

Reactions: buckwilk

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

No
Member #

I just got my jetlink to link my Eureka stove to the jetboil. I think it will be nice just carry one fuel source.
I'll have to check the eureka stove out, haven't seen it yet.