Story of my Xterra

• HTML tutorial

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0186.JPG Here is my attempt at a build thread to join the ranks of so many awesome rigs out there. My wife was the original owner and I inherited it when our son was born. I sold my 04 supercharged Frontier and VR6 Jetta and the wife got a 15 Cherokee Trailhawk. So as my Xterra is about to hit 120k it was time for a suspension refresh. Last weekend I finally had some time to install some upgrades. I decided it purchase the GoneMoab 3" kit from Nisstec as they are a local company (Denver area) the kit is customizable and I kept mine with the entry level MK84 coilovers (Eibach 550# springs but I'm not sure who supplies the strut body)with a 1" spacer and SPC control arms (SPC is also local, Longmont), I with OME med duty springs and adjustable shackles in the rear. I had a 2" coil spacer and an add a leaf in the rear for the las 5 years and was starting to show its age. The rear leafs were almost completely flat and 3 of 4 shocks had been leaking for some time. For wheels and tires, they are 285/75R16 BFG KO2s around some Level 8 Guardians. Back in August I installed a set of Hefty Sliders. For right now the factory skids will have to hold up, as upgrading those isn't high on my list yet. Also have a Midland CB for the trails. Here's a few pics, some new , some old. The first 3 are what I have from the new lift install . Unfortunately I forgot to take some ride height measurements of the previous set up. I'll continue to go through what few pictures I have to make a thread of the Xterra and our adventures exploring my beautiful state of Colorado.

Last edited:

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

IMG_1776.JPG IMG_1744.JPG

Here are a couple of pics from a trip up Phantom Canyon road. This road was once a railroad from the mountain mining town of Victor to town of Florence, hauling people an supplies to the various mining camps in the area. The trail more scenic than difficult an I recommend it if in the area, and would suggest traveling it from south to north as the trail ends in the mountains and can access other trails to combine this section to make a larger overland route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy P

StuntmanMike

Rank IV

Advocate II

Newport RI
That's a great looking X! My buddy had an 06, he loved it so much that once he hit 200k he traded it in on a '15 to get a new one while he could.

Great pics too, man I'm jealous of you folks out west!