Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I've only been here for two weeks so far, I'd assume so though. I have seen people on the beach fishing but I don't know what they are catching. One report I saw from a local charter boat was that they had caught Yellowfin Tuna, Blackfin Tuna, and Mahi but that was a week ago.
Thanks, never been to the east coast myself but have great and great great grand kids living in that part of the world somewhere.

Are you military ? You have a very high member number but you joined OB in March 2018. How did that happen ? I joined in Feb. 2019 and my member number is 4000 lower than yours. Just curious, hope you enjoy your new location.

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kill Devil Hill, Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

Thanks, never been to the east coast myself but have great and great great grand kids living in that part of the world somewhere.

Are you military ? You have a very high member number but you joined OB in March 2018. How did that happen ? I joined in Feb. 2019 and my member number is 4000 lower than yours. Just curious, hope you enjoy your new location.
Ah, the east coast is great! No, my wife and I were in Colorado just outside Boulder and the cost of living is so crazy high that we asked if we could go remote and we both got the green light, so we looked along the coast and picked the Outer Banks. I created an account back then but just upgrade to a paid member, but I still see newer members with lower numbers so IDK lol.

Reactions: Wallygator

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

BTW nice disco!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
BTW nice disco!
Thanks John, it's a long way from what I want for it but it's coming along. I cant tell for sure what your rig is but it looks like it might be a Disco too. I'd like to see more of your rig if you have some photo's !

One of my sons lives in Colorado city and your right, that place has gone crazy. He likes it because he makes good money but I hate what's happening to that state. Shows what happens to a state when the California elitist move in and take over. (Imho)

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

Thanks John, it's a long way from what I want for it but it's coming along. I cant tell for sure what your rig is but it looks like it might be a Disco too. I'd like to see more of your rig if you have some photo's !

One of my sons lives in Colorado city and your right, that place has gone crazy. He likes it because he makes good money but I hate what's happening to that state. Shows what happens to a state when the California elitist move in and take over. (Imho)
I have an 03 discovery. Everything I've done to it has been done on the cheap. I bought the lift kit and tires used from Roadsidewerx in Denver CO, and the bumpers from Atlantic British on their scratch & dent page. Along with a lot of parts from eBay for repairs. Even the rooftop tent I got from an REI garage sale.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I have an 03 discovery. Everything I've done to it has been done on the cheap. I bought the lift kit and tires used from Roadsidewerx in Denver CO, and the bumpers from Atlantic British on their scratch & dent page. Along with a lot of parts from eBay for repairs. Even the rooftop tent I got from an REI garage sale.
Would you happen to have a web link to the scratch and dent section, I cant find one on the Atlantic site. Thanks for your info, I like everything about your rig. Been really busy but want to get back with you soon.

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

Would you happen to have a web link to the scratch and dent section, I cant find one on the Atlantic site. Thanks for your info, I like everything about your rig. Been really busy but want to get back with you soon.
Hey Lanlubber Happy Thanksgiving! Sure here it is Deep Discounts On Land Rover Parts And Accessories. Looks like there is also a winch bumper for a d2 for $569.95 listed right now too, normally $669.95

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hey Lanlubber Happy Thanksgiving! Sure here it is Deep Discounts On Land Rover Parts And Accessories. Looks like there is also a winch bumper for a d2 for $569.95 listed right now too, normally $669.95
That bumper requires the grill be cut at the bottom for the winch. I dont want to do that and there are other bumpers that dont require cutting the grill.
The pictures of it also show a very poor fit and the video is proof of a bad fit. You would think they would have solved this problem a long time ago. All it would require is 1" longer mounting brackets and 1" deeper top plate so that the bumper projects outward 1" and still slides under the sheet metal. I have a bumper design of my own that I like better than any I have seen. It allows the winch to be mounted down between the frame rails. Sketch attached.
Winch plate not shown on sketch. It is made from 3/16" C channel, 4" on top, 6" on bottom, with 2"x2" light bar on top. I dont want blockage of the radiator is why I want the winch mounted low and only 8" of bumper projection max.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
My apologies for breaking into the thread with personal info, I got carried away thinking this was another thread for that subject matter.
Continue my Ob friends with your snow thread that I am enjoying too.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I'm setup for it and registered with my local skywarn group but seems like everytime one comes though I'm home alone with the kids and taking them out (2 and 4) doesn't seem like a good time to me. Maybe when they get a bit older I'll take them out with me.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'm setup for it and registered with my local skywarn group but seems like everytime one comes though I'm home alone with the kids and taking them out (2 and 4) doesn't seem like a good time to me. Maybe when they get a bit older I'll take them out with me.
??????? What you talking about ????????

Reactions: Ashton

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
A winter snow storm on Pyramid lake Nevada. 11/30/2019

78403618_10157957820421738_1473708445826809856_o.jpg

Hiking out of a lightening /snow storm at Mount San Jacinto Ca. at the end of a camping trip. Earlier I was to busy staying tucked in under a boulder to take photos of the lightening. This photo was taken after I got out of the wilderness area.

P1060395.jpg