Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

On occasion I will get out and storm spot/chase in my Jeep and I enjoy taking storm pics so why not get a few with the Jeep as well. Gives me a chance to use 3 of my interests in one; the Jeep, ham radio (to call in reports), and weather.

Anyone else here do any storm spot/chase/photography and want to share?

Storm skirted just south of my location yesterday evening and by the time I got on the road it was already booking it NE and was not nearly as photogenic on the backside but none the less I took a few shots.
IMG_20190822_195119.jpg

IMG_20190822_195136.jpg
IMG_20190822_195538.jpg

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I would love to, but we don't get that kind of storm where I live. However looks like fun.

I loved the movie Twister and used to watch Storm Chaser. I loved the modified trucks used to chase. However I am not willing to live someplace with that kind of weather.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I haven't, however it's been a goal for a long time now; to chase storms/tornadoes in the alley. Combine camping/travel/storm taking? I'm in.

I also have watched Twister many times and love it over and over again.

I have spent most of my life on the East coast. The 6 or so years I lived in California, my biggest gripe was the lack of storms that are so prevalent throughout the Appalachian region.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Pretty intense storm hit last night, a lot of lightning and a tornado went about 3 miles east of me. Got a few good shots but just using my phone they aren't great.
View attachment 114854
View attachment 114853
View attachment 114855
View attachment 114856
View attachment 114857
Very good collection, storms are interesting, even scary. I don't get them often but when I do they are always spectacular. At the end of our daylight storms I often see double and even triple rainbows which are fantastic 180 degrees visually.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
Awesome pics of storms from everyone! I've lived in Florida my whole life so its as normal as apple pie to see the end of days storm in the summer time anytime after 2PM usually feels like the world is ending for 35-45 minutes and just like that its done. Craziest part is standing in your front lawn and its pouring but literally 100' across from you its sunny with not a drop of rain. What I really hate is when we have hurricanes, the storms themselves as powerful as they are don't bother me, contrary they fascinate me. What irritates me is here in the south east mainly I swear hurricanes and the weather man both own stock in Home Depot. The minute that storm is leaving the coast of Africa Weather man and the news stations get on that tube screaming bloody murder run for the hills and empty out the hardware stores of its supplies. Everyone runs buys the, storm clearly misses the state and then all retailers including grocery stores will not accept anything in return because it was hurricane supplies even if you didn't open them or even use it. Grinds my satellite gears to see the same thing happen every Hurricane Season......

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: John.Bezek

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kill Devil Hill, Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

Looks cold but beautiful. Is fishing good this time of year there ?
I've only been here for two weeks so far, I'd assume so though. I have seen people on the beach fishing but I don't know what they are catching. One report I saw from a local charter boat was that they had caught Yellowfin Tuna, Blackfin Tuna, and Mahi but that was a week ago.