Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Nobody has offered this up. There is an egg company in So Cal that has a 3 part container, middle is the bottom, left fits over the eggs right is cover and label. the goes over the top of the egg side. I purchase a carton of those eggs about every other year. I go 10 day with out resupply. I put my farm fresh eggs in the containers with a paper towel on the top and bottom as a bit of padding, woks great The containers go in a 2 gal ziplock just in case.

Reactions: Advtres

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Raising our own chickens & ducks means we very rarely refrigerate eggs since freshly laid eggs can last up to a month at room temp. We just use a standard cardboard carton with the newest laid eggs and put them in the "dry" cooler with the rest of the non-perishables.

Reactions: MMc

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Late to the party here but after cleaning out our cooler midway through a 2 week trip because the egg holder had come open and there were quite a few cracked eggs floating around in the water and starting to pack lighter for the Jeep we started using Ova Easy powdered eggs. In a word they are really, really good and for recipes, omelets or scrambled eggs I cannot tell the difference. I am not sure all brands would perform as well but I swear by Ova Easy now.

BeardedOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingman, Arizona, United States
First Name
JASON
Last Name
SMITH
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRUH443
I don’t mind the powder eggs, I’ve used pre cracked eggs, I’ve also not kept them in a cooler, coating an egg with olive oil you can keep it unrefrigerated in a carton placed high and safe in a tote.