Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Hi.

UPDATES: Designed sleep platform addition that can nest on existing box when not in use or extend for either two person or single person sleeping configuration. New pics attached.

Newbie here. Have made a few drawer/box systems for buds and curious if there is anyone here that might be interested in something similar. So far, have made these to custom fit a 5th generation 4Runner but could easily design to fit other vehicles or with different dimensions. Am located in Bend, Oregon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Moonshiner4x

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Looks really good. Ever put one in the bed of a taco?
No not yet. Have another buddy who has one and is wanting to replace a plywood sleeping platform (under canopy) with something like this. We have started design. As long as it was under a canopy, the design should scale ok. I'd be concerned about how the elements would affect the current version if installed in one without a canopy.

Reactions: M Rose

Fiffa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

North Portland, Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

I was looking at doing my own 80/20 storage/kitchen design for a '00 4Runner, but I just came across a group buy for a wood option on T4R yesterday that I may have trapped myself into, lol. If I have an out, I'd definitely want to chat with you about a more custom option that I had in mind...

Moonshiner4x

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

I was looking at doing my own 80/20 storage/kitchen design for a '00 4Runner, but I just came across a group buy for a wood option on T4R yesterday that I may have trapped myself into, lol. If I have an out, I'd definitely want to chat with you about a more custom option that I had in mind...
let me know

Jopina7807

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Clackamas, Clackamas County, Oregon, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
O
Member #

Hi.

Newbie here. Have made a few drawer/box systems for buds and curious if there is anyone here that might be interested in something similar. So far, have made these to custom fit a 5th generation 4Runner but could easily design to fit other vehicles or with different dimensions. Am located in Bend, Oregon.
nice!!! About how much?

Moonshiner4x

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

nice!!! About how much?
Hi. Sorry, been busy designing a new version that converts to a full or single sleep platform without removal of rear seats. Asking $1150 for complete setup.

Attachments

Moonshiner4x

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Bend, Oregon
First Name
John
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Those are really nice. The use of the aluminum for framing is likely much lighter than my nearly similar sized 3/4" plywood box that I made over the winter.
Thank you. Have since designed a modular sleep platform so that it can be easily setup for two up or single sleeping. Doesn't require removal of rear seats and can be setup/taken down in under 3 minutes. In the process of doing a small batch production run.

Attachments

Reactions: RoarinRow