Stolen in spokane

• HTML tutorial

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

So we will rebuild!! This time we are going to build a trailer that we can secure in the backyard. F$&k whoever stole our truck, stripped off the tent, front roof rack and cleared out the cab.

Reactions: John D.

chuckoverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Spokane, WA
Member #

Only been in this house for a month too, anyone in spokane or surrounding area sees a tuff stuff tent with gorilla tape on one corner see if you can get a plate number or pic. This dude belongs in jail.

Reactions: John D.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I am of the camp that would agree with the off with the hands. Only I would say both hands so they don't get a second chance to steal again.

You could set up a proximity fuse type thing on your gas tanks, more than 20 ft from your truck and they go up in flames.

Just reinforces the idea that anything extra mounted to your vehicle in plain sight is like dangling a lollipop in front of a child. Thieves notice it immediately and sadly more times than not it ends up departing your rig.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrightRunner

robrtsmtn

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Aztec, NM
Member #

That seriously sucks. Best wishes for getting up and running soon. There are always sleazeballs around looking to take what's not theirs. My old ZJ has an eccentricity in the alarm system where the alarm will go off when I unlock it with a key after the latch button has been pushed. It went off this weekend while I was at my Son's house so evidently someone had been just going down the street checking doors to see if any were unlocked.

Reactions: 58-fc170

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I am pissed, but also excited to do a trailer build now. And with the roofrack clear its time to get kayaks.
Hope karma catches up to that guy quick tho for sure.
Love how Optimistic you are friend! Look forward to seeing the trailer build! And of course, kayaking pics!! ;)

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I am pissed, but also excited to do a trailer build now. And with the roofrack clear its time to get kayaks.
Hope karma catches up to that guy quick tho for sure.
Love the attitude....good luck on your build and can't wait to see it. Karma will find them...next time,images (1).jpg rig it Road Warrior style...

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I just saw this. Sorry to hear that. I will keep an eye out. I travel all over Spokompton pretty much everyday. Watch the surrounding areas on Craigslist also.
Do you have a trailer you're planning on building?

Reactions: chuckoverland

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Sorry this happened to you. When you're ready, maybe post a list of stuff you need. I've seen the generosity of this forum's members in that thread "paying it forward". If there's an instance where that applies, it's right now with you. I might have some things I can offer up as well. Either way, keep us posted. Best wishes.