Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I saw th3 fyyff sticker so I figured you were on advrider.
I used to be fairly active over there especially when I lived in SOCAL. I still sport my FYYFF on my Strom's top case. I probably haven't been on there in over a year. Once they sold the site it kind of became "eh" for me, and it was also so busy I couldn't keep up with anything. I mostly hang out on Farm Rulz anymore.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I used to be on ADV quite a bit, I do miss that crowd a bit.
@rumbledawg it took me the longest time to be a smart phone adopter. But once I embraced it I realized theres no need for a computer for me anymore, and man music apps, Im all about music apps. As far as other internet usage, I got kicked off of Facebook about 4 years ago (trying to hook a fellow surplus rifle shooter up with some extremely hard to find parts for an M95 Styer) I havent looked back. This is the only social network Im a part of anymore. Asside from ordering radio parts and the occasional obscure products, this is the only thing I do online anymore...

Reactions: Downs

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
my dad owned a construction company for 40 yrs, phone ringing first thing in the morn, phone ringing at supper time, phone ringing during monday nite football, phone ringing in the middle of the nite.....you soon develop a dis-like for phones.....lol
i don't bank, pay bills or have any info at all online, to me the internet is just entertainment, like reading a newspaper, nothing else, prob spend less than 2 hrs a week on it. besides, my computer monitor is 26", way easier on the old eyes than a dinky little screen- everytime someone shows me something on their phone, they get perturbed when i take it and blow up the pic so i can see what the hell i'm looking at.
and what is this "facebook" thingy?.....
A friend whose father was a grain broker pointed to the telephone and said "That thing will ruin your life." True words.

My family knows better than to think they can get ahold of me on a cell phone. No point even trying. My rule is that I have to be able to easily operate it while wearing welding gloves. What everyone is currently so enamored of is just an annoyance in my world. And they want me to part with money to be annoyed? Keep smoking that stuff.

Reactions: rumbledawg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
On the exterior, exactly two. The thin green line, for veterans and a UFO hunter spoof.

Inside is another matter. 5D7A4A64-1055-4435-B4BC-E3845A709341.jpeg20EE728A-D6AA-4B92-92E1-9EEEDA0A5F19.jpeg

Reactions: Broke

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Me too!
I started out with the Sackware Toyota, Land Rover, and Jeep stickers along the back edge of the tailgate. Recently Ive been collecting the signs of interesting or scenic highways I've traversed most or all of. ...ok, I haven't done Hwy 4 just yet.
View attachment 25242
I ordered the 2in highway signs from this site for $1.45 each:
Winter_Park's booth at Bonanza - Home & Garden, Home Décor, D...
That’s cool. Having grown up on 49, 88, and 395, I love those.

Reactions: MBroenkow