Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
You know how every man in the world thinks he makes the best stew ever?
They all may make a pretty awesome stew and I would love to sit at their campfire and share some of that honest food, but each and everyone of them are wrong.
I make the best stew in the world :-)
LOL

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

It is virtually impossible to screw up stew.

Until you start adding "seasonings" without reading labels.

Salt, salt, salt, salt, salt, dried red and black pepper, salt, salt, salt, salt, dehydrated garlic, salt, salt, salt, MSG, salt, salt, salt

And then you figure it probably needs some salt.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Meat , potato , some assorted veggies , a beer and some water tossed in a Dutch oven and cooked fireside for at least 5 hours ..... you can’t really screw that up but if you can somehow make it taste bad I would be amazed .

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

History Facts:
The ancient Egyptians would use stew prepared with random seasonings found in the cupboard during the embalming process prior to mummification. The salt found in those random seasonings was known to extract water from the deceased, preserving the body for eternity. This is why they all have that "shit I'm dying of thirst" Look on their face when they open the sarcophagus.

Ancient Egypts most successful pro embalmers where known to be hard drinkers, believing the use of alcohol would reduce their inhibitions to adding more seasoning to the stew.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER ;
All of the above is the product of an overactive imagination, too much time reading, rife with hyperbole and altogether straight up bullshit. If you believe any part of it you probably also believe Russia did it.

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
History Facts:
The ancient Egyptians would use stew prepared with random seasonings found in the cupboard during the embalming process prior to mummification. The salt found in those random seasonings was known to extract water from the deceased, preserving the body for eternity. This is why they all have that "shit I'm dying of thirst" Look on their face when they open the sarcophagus.

Ancient Egypts most successful pro embalmers where known to be hard drinkers, believing the use of alcohol would reduce their inhibitions to adding more seasoning to the stew.

STANDARD DISCLAIMER ;
All of the above is the product of an overactive imagination, too much time reading, rife with hyperbole and altogether straight uf bullshit. If you believe any part of it you probably also believe Russia did it.
that is true. and the pyramids were originally made out of salt but there was so much stew being made that the pyramids dwindled down to nothing so they switched over to building with limestone after that.

saltp.jpg

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

that is true. and the pyramids were originally made out of salt but there was so much stew being made that the pyramids dwindled down to nothing so they switched over to building with limestone after that.

View attachment 122793
Dammit boy, they have the base ready, just add meat and veggies.

NO CILANTRO!