Starting the new year with a trip to moab

• HTML tutorial

02bigtree

Rank 0

Contributor I

since the kid is out of school for another whole week we are going to head out to Moab from Norcal. Ive driven through moab on my way to colorado but have yet to get off the beaten path. Any recomendations for must see views, remote camping spots or other wise cool areas to hit are greatly appreciated.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
It will be very cold, so be prepared. I would suggest doing two to three nights on the White Rim Trail. If you aren't camping, then take a day trip down the Lathrop Canyon. The rangers know you are there so if any weather conditions arise that may prohibit you from driving back for a day or two or three, rest assured they are keeping an eye on you. Be sure to bring a lot of extra food, water and winter clothing. If you are out on the BLM lands you are completely on your own. I'd never do BLM land solo in the winter.

Reactions: maxfederle89

02bigtree

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moak
Much appreciated, Ive been watching the weather forecast and night time temps, we are ready for the cold, didn't plan on attacking any tough trails solo. have a couple of buddies that are planing on making the trip over from Co, in which case we will adventure slightly more as we wouldn't be without back up.

Reactions: MOAK

02bigtree

Rank 0

Contributor I

well the trip was a success! two nights in Moab, wheeled fins n things and explored the sand flats area then we headed over to Gemini bridges and wheeled and hiked around that area. From Moab we made our way over to Silverton Colorado and stayed with some friends in durango for two nights before heading to check out 4 corners then headed back home to norcal.

Reactions: MOAK