Starting Small, Bald Mountain

• HTML tutorial

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I found a great spot to camp there right at the bypass on the climb to the first peak. It ends up being in a valley spot which is good for windy nights. Anywhere near the peak it's windy
When you get to bypass make a right and right before the climb on the rock wall look to right you will see a flat area surrounded by trees

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using OB Talk mobile app
Nice! I was thinking in a couple weeks of heading up there again. Would be cool to meet up with some of you guys.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I been to Bald mountain on jeep runs. I liked to go again so if you can set date and I'll see if I can go. I'll camp in the snow. I am planning to go to courtright reservoir soon too. I am currently planning my summer and winter camping spots this year.

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

I'm definitely in depending on the weekend. Hitting OE West in mid-May. Thinking if no one does this in May the first weekend of June would be perfect. Especially after Memorial Day when I'm sure the trails will be packed.

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

Check with the forest service, or Fresno Four Wheel Drive Club or Clovis Independents clubs.
The trail usually closes around 1 April until the end of May for the snow melt.
Even if the gate is open at the trail head, the trail is still closed.

I have also heard that part of Rock Creek Road is washed out from a culvert that was plugged and the water washed around it and washed out the road.

Todd

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

Check with the forest service, or Fresno Four Wheel Drive Club or Clovis Independents clubs.
The trail usually closes around 1 April until the end of May for the snow melt.
Even if the gate is open at the trail head, the trail is still closed.

I have also heard that part of Rock Creek Road is washed out from a culvert that was plugged and the water washed around it and washed out the road.

Todd
Yeah I saw the washout when I was there on Sunday.

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Dang...I can't that weekend. I'll be down in Paso Robles area that weekend. If it falls the following weekend I could join.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Might be able to do June 02... We really need to check the forest service though. The gate is Open but they stated last week the run is closed.. I will check again, but would be up for a run on that Saturday. I will have a 9 yr old and 2 year old with me.

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I just checked if the trail was open. It says that there is still a wash out. But does say the trail is open.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hmmmmm so wonder what that means? Anyone drive it yet this season? I’ve never been on this trail

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I
Hmmmmm so wonder what that means? Anyone drive it yet this season? I’ve never been on this trail
was up there late last month. I say the wash out. Its not on the trail. Its on the road to the trail. It was about 200 feet further from the trail entrance.

BogdanYZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Francisco
Member #

If you guys want to go up this weekend I'm definitely interested in going. We're leaving SF Saturday (5/26) and heading that way so we could meet you there Sunday or Monday?

uss

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Odessa TX
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Ockert
Member #

My contacts back there that have the Bald trails as their Adopt-A-Trail have cleared the trail of downed tree's.
It should be open this week or by the weekend.

Check with the forest service though.

The road washout is just past the trail head turn-off, so you can still get to the trail.

Todd

Reactions: CalTexMex

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

So I am planning on driving up the morning of 6/2 and stay the night. I will be leaving from Fremont. Anyone down to meet up?

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Which day will you run? If you are here early Saturday, I was thinking of taking the kids on the run!