Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arlington, Texas, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Hey all, I am newer to the community and to the DFW area. I have seen there is a ton of members in the area but not much being planned for meetups. I know there is a meetups around Georgetown and Littlerock a few hours away once a month but i was wondering if there was anything were people get together more local to the aria.

To be honest, I have not done much since moving to the area other then work and could use a chance to get out and meet people and explore a little.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome to Overland bound from Oklahoma.
@Roots66 and @Coreymol are the Texas Member Reps, feel free to message any of us with questions.
@Tom Cole hosted a lot of the Dallas/Ft Worth meet ups last year, hopefully there will be more this year and perhaps someone else can step up to help as well.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Tyler (@Tsimmons15 ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas.

There are a few DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet & Ft Worth West Meetup

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Reactions: Tsimmons15

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

I think Tom got busy and forgot to post the new rally point.

Looks like there’s some options for DFW on 2/11/23. There will be a rigs and coffee at Cabela’s in Plano in the morning and dinner at Boo Rays in Weatherford in the evening.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Tsimmons15

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Arlington, Texas, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Thank you all for the information. I was able to make it out to the dinner in Weatherford and had a great time. It was awesome to meet people in the area and get out of the house for once. I look forward to building up my rig and getting out there on some adventures with the people I met.

Reactions: Tom Cole

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Thank you all for the information. I was able to make it out to the dinner in Weatherford and had a great time. It was awesome to meet people in the area and get out of the house for once. I look forward to building up my rig and getting out there on some adventures with the people I met.
Glad you could join us; it was great meeting you and checking out your rig. We're planning another meetup in March as well as a Saturday out to Bridgeport Offroad Park.