Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

83F0E8AD-295B-49E0-89B1-27AE7D670105.jpeg
Next steps done! I mounted a Tuff Stuff Overland bed rack and put my Front Runner RTT on the rack. I also mounted a heavy duty fire extinguisher, mountain bike fork mount, tie down rails and a dual Rotopax station for two 3.5 gallon FuelPax. Going to mount the 11lb propane bottle and 15 gallon water tank next. I am so pleased with this build So far.

Reactions: Olbrjam1

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

0119E798-BBF0-470F-90D3-AF29B97BA319.jpeg
I took the trailer out on a short shake down run and everything was solid as can be. So happy I installed the high mounted RV cam on the camper shell so I can see the whole trailer on my iPad when driving and backing. Hopefully Iwill be able to escape next weekend and go camping to get the trailer in some dirt!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

C51E6EBB-D9D4-474C-A48C-B6234A695B4E.jpeg
More gear attachments done. Got the tie down tracks installed, propane tank mount, spare tire mount, 15 gallon water tank and rotopax mounts.

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Really great job. I like the pure utilitarian aspect of your build. The water tank with spigot is going to be luxury! Looks like you got the weight off the roof by moving the RTT onto the trailer. So much better!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Thanks, I wanted to retain the capabilities of the trailer and lower the profile of the truck by getting the tent lower. So much easier to deploy and set up the tent at this level too. So far I am quite pleased!
Really great job. I like the pure utilitarian aspect of your build. The water tank with spigot is going to be luxury! Looks like you got the weight off the roof by moving the RTT onto the trailer. So much better!

Brandt77

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
VanAusdal
So glad to see your build! I'm picking up my M101a3 tomorrow and your build is exactly what I had in mind. I'd love to see more pictures of your water set up. The tank looks to be mounted in your tool box and gravity fed... is that correct?

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

So glad to see your build! I'm picking up my M101a3 tomorrow and your build is exactly what I had in mind. I'd love to see more pictures of your water set up. The tank looks to be mounted in your tool box and gravity fed... is that correct?
Hi,

good luck with your build, happy to share some pain and advice along the way! I used a 60 liter rectangular water tank from Front Runner outfitters and then the hose and spigot kit from them as well. You are correct, it is gravity fed. I put the tool box in the bed to be able to have a lockable storage. I drilled a hole through the bottom and feed the hose down into the bed. Conveniently there was a hole in the bed, so I aligned the holes. I then mounted the spigot to the underside of the bed. I then used a heavy duty eye bolt with large fender washers and made hard mount points inside the toolbox by drilling through the bottom of the box. there is one on each end of the water tank. I then used a 1,000lb ratchet strap to secure the tank. This allows me to take it out to clean, etc. I just fill it in place as it is to heavy to lift in and out when full.

happy to share some pics, do you have Instagram? easier pic sharing platform than this app. @ncat_explores

Reactions: Brandt77

Brandt77

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Brandt
Last Name
VanAusdal
Hi,

good luck with your build, happy to share some pain and advice along the way! I used a 60 liter rectangular water tank from Front Runner outfitters and then the hose and spigot kit from them as well. You are correct, it is gravity fed. I put the tool box in the bed to be able to have a lockable storage. I drilled a hole through the bottom and feed the hose down into the bed. Conveniently there was a hole in the bed, so I aligned the holes. I then mounted the spigot to the underside of the bed. I then used a heavy duty eye bolt with large fender washers and made hard mount points inside the toolbox by drilling through the bottom of the box. there is one on each end of the water tank. I then used a 1,000lb ratchet strap to secure the tank. This allows me to take it out to clean, etc. I just fill it in place as it is to heavy to lift in and out when full.

happy to share some pics, do you have Instagram? easier pic sharing platform than this app. @ncat_explores
Thank you for the follow up! I did notice the two drain holes in the bed of the trailer and thought that was quite convenient. I had considered undermounting a 25 gallon tank just in front of the axle and then putting a two gallon accumulator/pump in the tool box, but your set up saves two extra holes through the tool box /bed. I would love to see any additional pictures you might have. @wbrandt77 is my instagram

Reactions: Ncat