Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Still here at fish camp at the general store. It rained all night and still raining. The snow plow guys are here getting ready. They say the snow will come around noon. It got down to 42 degrees last night. Not bad. My sleeping bag good for 15 degrees.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Still here at fish camp at the general store. It rained all night and still raining. The snow plow guys are here getting ready. They say the snow will come around noon. It got down to 42 degrees last night. Not bad. My sleeping bag good for 15 degrees.
42 isn't too bad. Nice and cozy in the back of the truck! It's good you get to field test your gear and rig before Mojave! Can't wait!

Reactions: Inthewoods

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

My truck sat for 6 months after Death Valley. Working. I found another Death Valley reminder. My flow master cracked and i need a new one. Those wash board roads tested this truck.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
My truck sat for 6 months after Death Valley. Working. I found another Death Valley reminder. My flow master cracked and i need a new one. Those wash board roads tested this truck.
Hahaha! I just welded my tire carrier (a weld broke, that I'm sure DV didnt help,) and did a bunch of fixes, maintainence and such.

For Mojave, I'm prepping:
-Just got new tires
-changing front brake pads today
-Changed oil and fluids
-Put on roof rack (trying not to take trailer this year)
-Will be doing a packing dry run soon
-tune CB antenna, SWR
.....and a bunch of other check marks. Haha

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I got a few things to do to and now key switch. This morning my key didn't want to turn. Took a few few tries. It a great day out today. Where are you overlanders? I'm out inthewoods again20190202_084332.jpg

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

At this point, we have 16 rigs RSVP'd for the trip. Can I put you for an alternate at this point?

M
Put me down as an alternate, since people cancel at the last minute all the time. I have the time off now, so I’m going somewhere regardless. Maybe Moab now.

16 rigs is a lot for one caravan. Maybe too many? I would split it in two and have a lead group start first to stagger it or have each group start from opposite ends of the trail. Just a thought.