US West SPECIAL EastBay Meetup - (ON SAT FEB 11 - NO FEB 12 Meet due to Superbowl)

• HTML tutorial

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Fellows,

quick reminder that our upcoming meetup this weekend is one day early on Saturday (NOT Sunday - due to Superball). - SPECIAL EastBay Meetup – (ON SAT FEB 11 – NO FEB 12 Meet due to Superbowl)

Plan is to meet at our usual spot in Pleasanton Ridgepark. However be aware of the local road closure (see previous) @Llama Paul is checking access options - we'll post here if we need to change location last minute.

Topic of the day will be:

- Trips
- Recovery Gear Usage - Best Practises

I hope this will be a lively discussion and we can learn from each other. I know we have some "experts" .

Looking forward to see many of you.

Armin

Armin
@TrailHawkGuy
---

**Next EastBay Meetups**

- Feb 11 - Recovery Gear Usage
- Mar 12 - SWAP meet @ Shaffers Offroad, 30580 Union City Blvd, Union City, CA 94587
- Apr 9 - Comms Day or First Aid / Medical
- May 14 - Tire Day
- Jun 11 - BuildOut and Powermanagement
- Jul 9 - mid year trip plan review

**Upcoming trips**

Q1
- Feb / Mar (2/24-3/3 range TBD) - DeathVally BaseCamp - @TrailHawkGuy (Armin)
- Mar 24-26 - Mojave TrailGuardian - @Kent (Kent) - Mojave National Preserve Trail Guardian

- Mar / Apr - SnowTrip - @IceIceBaby42 (Jesse), @Buck76Duster (Scott)
- Mar? / Apr? - DeathValley TrailGuardian - @Kent (Kent)

Q2
- April 28 - 30 - Lost Coast / Usal / Klammath - @ProtonDecay (Derek), @Rocksanne2020 (Tom) - 2023 Usal-Redwoods-Klamath
- May 19-21 - EXPO West / Sedona - @Roger 2486 (Roger)
- Jun - Mendocino Backcountry - @SWLands (Steve), @picknpluck (Geoff)

Q3
- Jul 20/21 - 23 - Eagle Meadows Area Hwy 108 - @CemenTRDgen (Joshua)
- Aug - Coyote Flats Funnel Lake Mono Lake - @RAMf1 (Russ), @mr._shafer_sir (Ron)
- Sep - Bent to Alvarod - @SWLands (Steve)
I feel personally attacked.

XPLORx4

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Galt, CA, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Thayer
Hi all, I am a bit confused. The Rally Point info says the meeting is at Gay 90's Pizza in Pleasanton. But this thread says meet at the park. Which is it? Last Thursday I was able to drive to the park and although there was a "road closed" sign, traffic was driving on Foothill Road, and the road was clear of debris and the park was accessible, although the gate was closed because I was there after sunset. Please confirm the meeting location. Also, how can I indicate that I plan to attend on the RP page?

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
The meetup is at the pizza place.

The staging area is officially closed at the moment

TrailHawkGuy

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Danville, CA, USA
First Name
Armin
Last Name
Pressler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GTZ
Hi all, I am a bit confused. The Rally Point info says the meeting is at Gay 90's Pizza in Pleasanton. But this thread says meet at the park. Which is it? Last Thursday I was able to drive to the park and although there was a "road closed" sign, traffic was driving on Foothill Road, and the road was clear of debris and the park was accessible, although the gate was closed because I was there after sunset. Please confirm the meeting location. Also, how can I indicate that I plan to attend on the RP page?
PS no need to RSVP for the meetups just show up.

Looking forward to see you