Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

So, I really hate building relay systems. Seriously, it's just something I really can't stand.

The options out there for prefab type units seem to be very limited. I have one for my Warning lights/siren/loud speaker, but it was big, the switch panel is very specific, it's huge, and it fits the stereotype for "made in china".

My search led me to a company called Switch-Pros. They make a power system that is amazingly simple to install, and the options for how you want the switches to work are fantastic.

Simple things like being able to change whether the button works on the ignition, or is always available (battery). It can do momentary pressing, it can do strobe / flashers, and it's all configurable and controllable via bluetooth with an app on your Android or iPhone. No laptop required. You can also do it with just the buttons on the panel.

There are a bunch of different companies that sell this. Your price may vary.

So far, this review is based on the customer service (It's top notch), the installation, and the initial configuration. I haven't had a chance to use it in the world yet (that comes next week).

Power Module Specs:
  • 6”L x 3”W x .5”H (excluding connectors)
  • Enclosure: Anodized aluminum
  • 8 Outputs, 7 rated @ 18A, 1 rated @ 30A
  • 100A maximum rating 125°C to -40°C
  • 16-pin, sealed automotive connector, wire harness w/100A fused power cable, light and ignition input wires, and eight 3’long output wires

The panel:

Installed:

I'll try to remember to update this after next weeks trip with any thoughts or issues I find. So far, worth every penny!

Reactions: Tim

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello,

I found it on the internet. It looks very very good. But, as with a price of almost 480 dollars in the US, it will be not affordable here in europe. Which is so often the case when I like something. So I guess it is back to to improvise drawing board and do it all by yourself.

But it looks great.

Greetings from Robert

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
I installed this solution in my 2015 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door (TRLEATR) - LOVE it! So easy to add and move things around.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I am also looking at these. Solid State is the only way to go.

Reactions: Big110

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

We only use Switch-Pros in our builds. The compact switch panels are available in either surface mount or flush mount and standard options that other brands charge extra for make it a no-brainer for us.

ShredHead

Rank 0

Contributor I

I recently installed the SP8100 in my 5th gen 4Runner and am really impressed with it's quality & functions. Makes adding new accessories a breeze and really cleans up the wiring. I considered the SPOD also but really hate the big bulky rocker switches and didn't want a touch screen for my switches.

Photo Mar 16, 5 38 18 PM.jpg Photo Mar 17, 7 41 04 AM.jpg

Big110

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Portland, Maine
Member #

Nice install. SPOD has what they call the HD panel. Still push buttons but not rocker switches that is really nice too.

I think this is a great thread to educate people on options- both switch pros and SPOD being the leaders of the pack when it comes to this stuff.

Junior83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Maple Ridge, BC
Member #

I have the SPOD in my JK and love it but think I'll be going with Switch Pro's for the Tacoma as I like the flush mount option and that you can control it via Bluetooth with no extra cost.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk