Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brownsville, TX, USA
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
ELIZONDO
Member #

In back of my head is asking what do you do with a solid waste how do you transport this? And what are y'all doing about meals as far as you cooking 2 meals and one on the road kind of thing or are you playing it by ear as you go. just to see what kind and how much food is need

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

In back of my head is asking what do you do with a solid waste how do you transport this? And what are y'all doing about meals as far as you cooking 2 meals and one on the road kind of thing or are you playing it by ear as you go. just to see what kind and how much food is need

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
I'm easy to please meal wise. I will have some stuff to make some stuff. Lol.

Reactions: JORGE ELIZONDO

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I would recommend an exterior to the vehicle trash bag. I use a trasharoo on the spare tire with a big garbage bag in it. The solid waste lug a loo bags have a powder in them that turns to a gel when waste is in there. The bags have an interior liner that rolls up and the outside bag zip locks shut. But smell can still leak out a little bit, which is why the exterior carrying.

Ours meals range from cooking fajitas, chili, hot dogs, to backpacking just add water. We usually bring sandwich stuff for lunch and cook at breakfast and dinner. No right or wrong for sure - just whatever your preference is.

Keep the questions coming - this is good for all of our planning.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I'm bringing my trailer, so I can bring all of the firewood and supplement with what we find.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

We are going to leave on Friday morning and head down. @Chris Jones and I need to figure out the plan / meeting location today or tomorrow. We would like to incorporate Carlsbad into the trip if at all possible - and if we want to see the bats, maybe at dusk, but don't know if that works with any camp spots. I've never been down there, so defer to folks that have.

One planning change for us - we are going to head off the trail sometime on Sunday afternoon / evening to get back. Corrie is going to be in ABQ and we are going to meet up with her for lunch on Monday and do some planning for Expo East.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

We are going to leave on Friday morning and head down. @Chris Jones and I need to figure out the plan / meeting location today or tomorrow. We would like to incorporate Carlsbad into the trip if at all possible - and if we want to see the bats, maybe at dusk, but don't know if that works with any camp spots. I've never been down there, so defer to folks that have.

One planning change for us - we are going to head off the trail sometime on Sunday afternoon / evening to get back. Corrie is going to be in ABQ and we are going to meet up with her for lunch on Monday and do some planning for Expo East.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Oh man. I'm jealous. OK. I will likely end up camping Sunday night and heading back Monday morning.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

@STXHUNT Are you still thinking of going up to Comfort Thursday night? I think I will be passing through Junction on I10 around 9:00 am, if you want to meet up and drive the rest of the way up to Whites City on Friday.

Reactions: JORGE ELIZONDO