Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Hi folks - Chris Jones and I are working on planning for a southern NM Memorial Day Weekend trip and want to open it up to see if anyone would like to join us.

Specific location is still being worked out - maybe Cloudcroft, Ruidoso, type area, or open to suggestions for sure.

Will get a gauge of interest before we determine if any rig count cap may be needed.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Overland 505

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Ok, so what @Ryan Matthes and I are thinking is to spend the weekend exploring the Lincoln National Forest. And possibly do a special run on a yet to be disclosed location that promises to be pretty epic. So mark your calendar cause this is going to be a great weekend.

Reactions: druff6991

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

See, this is just rubbing it in at this point......Ryan understands my meaning.....lol

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Met a bunch of cool Southern AZ, Southern NM, and West TX folks this weekend - bumping this thread back up to the top.

For anyone that is interested in joining this for all or part of the trip, reply in this thread and I will get the working list of participants. For anyone that wants to join along the way, I will create a sat tracking link to us once the trip starts (will need to know exactly who needs to be on that list) so we can be found anywhere along the travel. Will discuss more coming up.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: MA_Trooper

druff6991

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Carlsbad NM
Member #

Unfortunately for me, work puts me in Oklahoma city for training that weekend. So sadly I gotta back out of the trip

Work always gets in the way of having fun, sorry guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Is really just going to be the two of us?! Moving this over to the meetups section as I think it will get more eyes on it there.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I chatted with several new members at expo from southern AZ and west TX that seemed interested. Good idea on moving it over.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I will be driving up from Austin. So those of you between Austin and NM have no excuse :tonguewink:
But seriously, I will be heading up friday so if anyone is heading north to get there and wants to meet and caravan let me know. Besides, I will likely brake down somewhere around Pecos and could use a tow. Thanks in advance! lol

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

My family and I will be driving down from Albuquerque on Friday - but join for whatever part of the weekend works. I will be sharing our Sat tracker location via link to those meeting up with us so that we can be found anywhere along the trip

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Chris and I are working in confirming the rough route and meetup point or points in the next few days. Will likely be a meetup point for Friday and one for Saturday

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

There really isn't much of a plan. I think, right now since its a really small crew, we are planning to camp at Pine Springs in GMNP so we can run up to Williams Ranch on Saturday then spending the rest of the time in Lincoln NF exploring around.

Reactions: Overland 505

Semper Adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Service Branch
USAM
Count me as likely. I posted in the FB page as well, but ill be heading from SW Oklahoma up to Longmont, CO to pickup a new to me Chaser trailer over that weekend on either Fri/Sat. If there was something going on around Southern NM it's more or less along my route home and would pull in for a day or two.

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Darn, I would love to make this but already have plans to drive down and around Mexico for that long weekend!

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

I might be able to join. Your talking about Guadalupe Mountains National park, have you heard of dog canyon on the back side of the park? You get to it near Carlsbad caverns and then you go by sitting bull falls and a the little town of Queen New Mexico and then on to dog canyon which takes you back to Texas. Your also in the Lincoln nation Forrest all public land you can camp pretty much anywhere back in there.

Reactions: Ryan Matthes

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

I might be able to join. Your talking about Guadalupe Mountains National park, have you heard of dog canyon on the back side of the park? You get to it near Carlsbad caverns and then you go by sitting bull falls and a the little town of Queen New Mexico and then on to dog canyon which takes you back to Texas. Your also in the Lincoln nation Forrest all public land you can camp pretty much anywhere back in there.
We should catch up, that's sounds very promising. Email us - ryan@overlandbound.com and chris@overlandbound.com

Thanks