Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Ball Ground, GA, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
McCloskey
Member #

I've seen a few members here in the SE. Would a Southeast section work? Maybe GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL? I'm in N. GA, and most of these areas are within my "reasonable distance" for short weekend trips or whatever. I'd love to do some meetups over here.

Reactions: Jose and Michael

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I've seen a few members here in the SE. Would a Southeast section work? Maybe GA/AL/TN/NC/SC/FL? I'm in N. GA, and most of these areas are within my "reasonable distance" for short weekend trips or whatever. I'd love to do some meetups over here.
We are having a meetup in Ocala National Forest in May!

Link to event calendar on OB: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/southeast-member-meetup-in-ocala-national-forest.5814/

We've got an event created on the Southeast Region Facebook page if you'd like to join us!

FB page is here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OverlandBoundSoutheast/

Reactions: überlander

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
What about Mississippi and Alabama? Anywhere is within is a weekend trip for me. I live in south Mississippi.
Overlander without a "region" here....where oh where do I belong...
You are both in Southeast region! I'm the regional ambassador. We currently have a Florida meetup schedule for next month and I'm working on an Atlanta meetup now. If you guys start a private message group we can start working on your area

Reactions: MS_Disco

ProjectHellRaiser

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Biloxi,Ms
Member #

You are both in Southeast region! I'm the regional ambassador. We currently have a Florida meetup schedule for next month and I'm working on an Atlanta meetup now. If you guys start a private message group we can start working on your area
Cool how do we go about doing that? I'm new to all this lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JoeCool

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ormond Beach, Florida
Member #

Grovetown Georgia here, would love to go on some trails if you know of some in the area, thinking of hitting up http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/index.php?p=1_11_4x4-Trail-System and have been meaning to since I moved here (2014) anyone been there yet?
We went to Gulches last year. It was pretty cool. We tossed each of the kids a roll bar mounted duffel bag and told them they could bring what they could fit in it. The 16yr old boy was fine, the 14yr old girl was almost inconsolable lol. Loaded up the TJ with the four of us and we were on our way. It was a cool place. Not huge but certainly big enough to be fun and worth the trip. We stuck to the reasonable stuff because we had a TJ on 31s at the time, but they had other trails that could definitely break stuff if you so desire. They also offered guided outings which were fun too.

We stayed at the cabin right down the street that the owners rent to Gulches participants. It was beautiful, clean and all by itself :)

It was a great trip, we are thinking about doing it again sometime later this year in the JKU. Let me know if you need/want more info.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw that the original post was from a year ago, sorry about the irrelevant post. But, it was still a cool place :)

Joe
OB #5011

Last edited:

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
We went to Gulches last year. It was pretty cool. We tossed each of the kids a roll bar mounted duffel bag and told them they could bring what they could fit in it. The 16yr old boy was fine, the 14yr old girl was almost inconsolable lol. Loaded up the TJ with the four of us and we were on our way. It was a cool place. Not huge but certainly big enough to be fun and worth the trip. We stuck to the reasonable stuff because we had a TJ on 31s at the time, but they had other trails that could definitely break stuff if you so desire. They also offered guided outings which were fun too.

We stayed at the cabin right down the street that the owners rent to Gulches participants. It was beautiful, clean and all by itself :)

It was a great trip, we are thinking about doing it again sometime later this year in the JKU. Let me know if you need/want more info.

EDIT: Wow, I just saw that the original post was from a year ago, sorry about the irrelevant post. But, it was still a cool place :)

Joe
OB #5011
No worries! I no longer live there, now up in North Carolina but I appreciate the info, happy trailing!

Reactions: AdventureWithDanan

Cwilli17

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Purvis, MS
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Williams
Member #

I’m in Mississippi too! Would love to meet up with some of y’all!