South LA, the real LA, LOUISIANA

• HTML tutorial

dhawkins556

Rank III

Contributor III

Any one here from the Baton Rouge, LA area? Looking for somewhere to enjoy nature before it gets to hot. My rig is very stock....for now... So if there is any trails they need to be moderate.

-Daniel

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm not from the area, but my wife is wanting to make a trip down there someday. Hopefully you'll get some responses because I'm curious about trails myself down that way.

dhawkins556

Rank III

Contributor III

Awesome. Louisiana has plenty of amazing scenery, I know of a few and have some personal property. I'm just looking for more options. Make sure you get some Jambalaya and Crawfish while you're here. Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Reactions: ShawnR

Conrad318

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

They have some great trails in Sicily Island at Catahoula recreation. Or LA 4X4 club has some private trails the private trails are a little too tight for my Ram but JK's go through just fine.

phoosa

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Antonio, Texas
Member #

Im a few months behind but try exploring the roads of Kisatchie National Forest around Alexandria. Plenty to see and solitude can be found with relative ease.

Reactions: Conrad318

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

I will be at toledo bend reservoir for 5 days in sept.

Plan to explore Angelina refuge a bit with the new 4runner :-D

Towing my 16ft Jon boat with 50hp evinrude to do a little exploring in the water too !

It's 3.5 hours one way from our casa. I hear sabine Ntnl has some back dirt roads / locals 4x4 spots too

2nd edit
_________

I will GPS every trail I find!

Last edited: