SoTexTacoma's Taco Build Up

• HTML tutorial

SoTexTacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Victoria, TX
Member #

Hello all, I'm new to this forum but been in TacomaWorld for a minute and well, decided to put a brief build up of my 2014 Tacoma TRDOffroad on here.
This is kinda a continuation of my old 2007 Tacoma 4wd as I have done almost all the same mods to the newer truck. Here is a pic of the '07 at Jambo a couple of years ago. Trail limo FTW!
IMG_4023.JPG
IMG_4015.JPG

In feb of this year, I decided to go ahead and upgrade to a newer Tacoma with the TRDOffroad package. Really wanted all the traction controls the 07 didn't have as it was an SR5 4wd.
Took the 14 to Jambo this year and it was great! Rear locker with A-Trac gets the job done!!!
This was right after the first mod, bilsteins at 4 corners, 885's up front and wheeler's prog AAL in the back. This was the first time with this combo, and the rig sits nose-high, lol. I will be getting Dakars soon. Not a fan of bro lean.
IMG_4635.JPG

Also, Redline good struts. One of my favorite mods, acquired thru a TW group buy. Can't believe they don't come this way.
IMG_4637.JPG

Then it was off to Jambo! Oh, what fun it is to ride!
IMG_4853.JPG
So, that was all up to and including Jambo of this year. Have done a couple of things since then and will post up soon...

SoTexTacoma

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Victoria, TX
Member #

Arrright. Now that I have a minute, I'd like to go ahead and update my build thread with a couple of new pics. Since the last postings, i have added a couple of accessories to the Taco. In preparation for an upcoming trip to beautiful Utah, I've managed to get a few things done.

First off, added sliders from Trail Gear. Thankfully my bro-in-law has a shop with a welding machine so I was able to install myself. These will help for the sections of the Utah Traverse and in Canyonlands NP.
IMG_5054.JPG

Then, about a week later I received my RTT from TuffStuff along with an awning. Happy days! Too bad it's like 700 degrees in south Texas so camping around here is a heatstroke waiting to happen,LoL!
IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5053.JPG

Right now, I'm contemplating upgrading my rear suspension to some Dakars to help with the weight I didn't count on when I originally added the progressive AAL. SMH. If I manage to swing it, I'll post up after install... enjoy!

Reactions: dj_mccomas