SOS off road concepts

• HTML tutorial

Shawn Smith

Rank 0

Traveler I

Anyone have any experience with SOS concepts products? I believe he is out of South Carolina. Looks like he is one of the few guys making sliders for DC tundras who doesn’t want your first born in exchange.

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Anyone have any experience with SOS concepts products? I believe he is out of South Carolina. Looks like he is one of the few guys making sliders for DC tundras who doesn’t want your first born in exchange.
I have SOS no drill sliders on my tacoma and they seem sturdy to me. I don't play in rock gardens but I have jacked my truck up with them a few times.

Reactions: Shawn Smith

Gordon843

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Adams Run, SC
Member #

Just picked up sliders and skids for my Tacoma from them today. Workmanship looks great and beefy as all hell. Highly recommended

Reactions: Shawn Smith

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

I’ve gotten various stuff from him over the last 4 years (skid plates, sliders, bed rack, ditch light mounts). Everything is made to a tee. All cuts and pre-drilled holes match real well.

OldManJack

Rank IV

Advocate II

Ball Ground, Pickens County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7JDC
Service Branch
US Army
I've been waiting for 5 months and 6 days for my SOS rock sliders to arrive.
When I reached out to them on Feb 5, 2022, via email I received the following message on Feb 13, 2022:

"My apologies on the delay in production , and appreciate your patience with SOS on wait time. We are very short staffed at the moment. Your sliders are in the next batch that will be starting up this coming week. Thanks again" That made me hopeful all though it was way out of their advertised "waiting window."

I then emailed them on March 22, 2022 for an update and never received a reply.

I then used their website on April 11, 2022 and also sent a message asking for a status update (see attached screenshot).

I just checked their website today (April 13, 2022) and still no one has responded.

I checked today with an online forum (Tacomaworld.com) and following my post where I was reaching out to others to see if they were having any issues with SOS, I saw there were many others who never received their products from SOS. Tacomaworld staff saw my post and they messaged me the following:

"members of the TW (Tacoma World) Staff have recently learned that SOS is no longer in business. the building has been sold and the business is gone. if you have an outstanding order with SOS please contact your credit card/bank ASAP and start the process of filing a dispute. we will keep you posted if we find out any more info."

Needless to say I'm disappointed as their products looked good and had good reviews. I don't know for sure what their issue is, but I'd say the way this country has been run has a lot to do with it.

I hope I hear something positive back from SOS. I hope the folks are not out of business. I just felt I should let others know this information before they make their decision to go with them or not.

Reactions: Boort

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I've been waiting for 5 months and 6 days for my SOS rock sliders to arrive.
When I reached out to them on Feb 5, 2022, via email I received the following message on Feb 13, 2022:

"My apologies on the delay in production , and appreciate your patience with SOS on wait time. We are very short staffed at the moment. Your sliders are in the next batch that will be starting up this coming week. Thanks again" That made me hopeful all though it was way out of their advertised "waiting window."

I then emailed them on March 22, 2022 for an update and never received a reply.

I then used their website on April 11, 2022 and also sent a message asking for a status update (see attached screenshot).

I just checked their website today (April 13, 2022) and still no one has responded.

I checked today with an online forum (Tacomaworld.com) and following my post where I was reaching out to others to see if they were having any issues with SOS, I saw there were many others who never received their products from SOS. Tacomaworld staff saw my post and they messaged me the following:

"members of the TW (Tacoma World) Staff have recently learned that SOS is no longer in business. the building has been sold and the business is gone. if you have an outstanding order with SOS please contact your credit card/bank ASAP and start the process of filing a dispute. we will keep you posted if we find out any more info."

Needless to say I'm disappointed as their products looked good and had good reviews. I don't know for sure what their issue is, but I'd say the way this country has been run has a lot to do with it.

I hope I hear something positive back from SOS. I hope the folks are not out of business. I just felt I should let others know this information before they make their decision to go with them or not.
Darn, that really sucks. I have a set of their sliders and they have been good for me. they are starting to rust a little under the linex but otherwise have held up well. I suppose 5 years in the elements is a lot to ask for a top coat to last with all those sharp corners and pockets.