Sonora Rally Trip 2016

• HTML tutorial

Ryan_Blaire

Rank IV

Advocate II

10 days and 2,000 miles through Nevada, California, Arizona and Mexico. I volunteered to work as race support for the 2016 Sonora Rally. This was my first rally race and I am hooked! The race took place over 4 days across dunes, deserts and beaches from San Luis Rio Colorado to Puerto Penasco. Each day had a different course over beautiful terrain. There was a bit of everything from a Class 1 buggy to a Myers Manx to a Subaru Wagon. The racers and staff are all amazing people. Can't Wait for next year!!!! Check them out at www.sonorarally.com and join us in 2017!IMG_5870.JPG IMG_5879.JPG IMG_5886.JPG IMG_5905.JPG IMG_5923.JPG IMG_5928.JPG IMG_5951.JPG IMG_5869.JPG IMG_5878.JPG IMG_5902.JPG

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Wow, from that view, it looks like it has only has the bumper trimmed for a better angle of attack. I'm sure there is more, but it doesn't look as lifted as I'd have expected. mine looks taller. Thanks, @Ryan_Blaire

[EDIT] Ah, clicking the photo to see it larger, and I see it has a nice lift on it. That would be fun to try!

Ryan_Blaire

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wow, from that view, it looks like it has only has the bumper trimmed for a better angle of attack. I'm sure there is more, but it doesn't look as lifted as I'd have expected. mine looks taller. Thanks, @Ryan_Blaire

[EDIT] Ah, clicking the photo to see it larger, and I see it has a nice lift on it. That would be fun to try!
It was lifted, not sure how much. He did mention it had 4 1/2" of travel. Inside was gutted behind the front seats and had spare tires and all gear mounted nicely.

Reactions: Steve

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Wow that would be awesome to participate in! I'll have to put that on the bucket list.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

How cool! That would be an awesome trip just to watch them fly by...