• HTML tutorial

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Quick search on the great Amazon brought up this:

Has good reviews. I too was thinking of what light source to get for my CVT awning.

ClearwaterScott

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia, Missouri
Member #

I don't know of any solar options but I have the Luminoodles are they are great. Big Anges offers a similar product. I also somehow ended up with a set of Eno string lights a random REI visit. They are more fun by they change colors and dim. Run on a couple batteries. Kids love them in the tent and around camp sight.

Only solar ive seen on the market are biolight brand. But I have no experience so can't recommend.

Reactions: TN_4Runner

Socal Hillbilly

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont
Member #

I don't know of any solar options but I have the Luminoodles are they are great. Big Anges offers a similar product. I also somehow ended up with a set of Eno string lights a random REI visit. They are more fun by they change colors and dim. Run on a couple batteries. Kids love them in the tent and around camp sight.

Only solar ive seen on the market are biolight brand. But I have no experience so can't recommend.
I wonder if the Luminoodles in conjunction with a solar battery charger would work. Hmm...

I saw the biolight but its to small for my use.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I wonder if the Luminoodles in conjunction with a solar battery charger would work. Hmm...

The smaller Luminoodles are USB powered. So you can run them from a small battery pack or plug into a hot USB port in your vehicle. How you charge that battery pack back up would be up to you. There are some with little solar panels on top but it takes days to bring them back up to a full charge.

- Chris

ClearwaterScott

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbia, Missouri
Member #

Cali TrailHawk

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

san diego
Member #

This is what my plan is. I have the 5 foot luminoodle, generic USB 20 watt solar panel and 20k MA battery pack. I did a test run and my battery pack was drained about 1/2 way. So it's likely sustainable to charge via solar during the day and use the lights at night. The only thing about the luminoodle I don't like is some of the LED's have a very SUBTLE green tint, but the rest are crisp white

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
This is what my plan is. I have the 5 foot luminoodle, generic USB 20 watt solar panel and 20k MA battery pack. I did a test run and my battery pack was drained about 1/2 way. So it's likely sustainable to charge via solar during the day and use the lights at night. The only thing about the luminoodle I don't like is some of the LED's have a very SUBTLE green tint, but the rest are crisp white
The original versions are single color and can't dim. I haven't noticed the green tint. The new ones are dimmable and you can choose a bunch of different colors. I like red to keep some of the bugs away. Also, the magnets have been improved in the new version but still not great.

krax

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

NC
Member #

I really like the ENO string lights. I just wish there was another power option than the 2AAA battery pack that comes with it.

krax

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

NC
Member #

I wasn't able to find a different battery pack from ENO. It uses a proprietary plug that looks like a headphone plug rather than a USB plug.

Reactions: ClearwaterScott