Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I especially love when ups is in my wife’s parking spot dropping off large boxes ( bumpers) & winch. The priceless look on her face. :) Don’t make the mistake I did & buy your wife a Jeep jku also.
Keep um barefoot and pregnant and they wont want those jeeps. :-/

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I especially love when ups is in my wife’s parking spot dropping off large boxes ( bumpers) & winch. The priceless look on her face. :) Don’t make the mistake I did & buy your wife a Jeep jku also.
I bought my wife a jeep she traded it in on a Buick

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Back to the original topic, thank you for posting this. I like the idea of putting the batteries on the roof rack. I am not a fan of putting them in the vehicle with me where I sleep and this would keep everything out of the passenger compartment.
There will be the added weight and difficulty of access, but it will be worth it to not have then in the cabin with me.
I have 90 Suburban, so the weight is less of an issue. I already have 4 solar panel, 4 deep cycle batteries and a 40 charge controller. My plan is to put about half of that on the Sub, maybe only one panel and one battery and see if that works, then add the other if needed. 40 amp MPPT controller is overkill, but I own it and it is not being used for anything else at the time.

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Back to the original topic, thank you for posting this. I like the idea of putting the batteries on the roof rack. I am not a fan of putting them in the vehicle with me where I sleep and this would keep everything out of the passenger compartment.
There will be the added weight and difficulty of access, but it will be worth it to not have then in the cabin with me.
I have 90 Suburban, so the weight is less of an issue. I already have 4 solar panel, 4 deep cycle batteries and a 40 charge controller. My plan is to put about half of that on the Sub, maybe only one panel and one battery and see if that works, then add the other if needed. 40 amp MPPT controller is overkill, but I own it and it is not being used for anything else at the time.
Sounds like a great plan, you should post what you come up with when you get around to it, I’ll look forward to seeing a different setup and might learn a thing or two!

Reactions: DoggMan1163