SoCal Overlanders Roll Call :)

• HTML tutorial

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

Idyllwild is big truck friendly. Mostly wide maintained forest service roads. Easy traveling with good scenery. I have been down Bee Canyon, Thomas mountain road, Rouse Hill Road, Table mountain truck trail, all over basically. Lots of trails plenty fine for a full size. Bee canyon has some tight spots, especially if you meet oncoming traffic, but the rest of the trails are pretty good. There are some free yellow post campsites there too.

Another area to check out up north is Upper Coyote Canyon. Its a little bit tougher of a trail, but is full size friendly. Its on BLM land so you can camp anywhere, just ensure you have a fire pit. They don't allow ground fires.

South of that anywhere is Anza Borrego is cool thousand of trails and you camp pretty much anywhere. I really enjoy the Fish Creek mountain area as well as the bad lands. No one is ever in the bad lands, and it gives you a real since of being "off the beaten path".

Oliver_Closov

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

Idyllwild is big truck friendly. Mostly wide maintained forest service roads. Easy traveling with good scenery. I have been down Bee Canyon, Thomas mountain road, Rouse Hill Road, Table mountain truck trail, all over basically. Lots of trails plenty fine for a full size. Bee canyon has some tight spots, especially if you meet oncoming traffic, but the rest of the trails are pretty good. There are some free yellow post campsites there too.

Another area to check out up north is Upper Coyote Canyon. Its a little bit tougher of a trail, but is full size friendly. Its on BLM land so you can camp anywhere, just ensure you have a fire pit. They don't allow ground fires.

South of that anywhere is Anza Borrego is cool thousand of trails and you camp pretty much anywhere. I really enjoy the Fish Creek mountain area as well as the bad lands. No one is ever in the bad lands, and it gives you a real since of being "off the beaten path".
Thank you for this info.

Reactions: iluvdrt

Roxxie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Palm Desert
Member #

Not sure if I commented on this before- but I go to Carlsbad quite often and live by Anza Borrego and sorta by Idyllwild...would love to check them out! Next time you go- will you give me a shout?! Sooooooo many places to go and see!!!!

Reactions: iluvdrt

Roxxie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Palm Desert
Member #

I'm considering going out to Idyllwild 7/2-7/4. Leaving 7/2 in the evening as I am on a bowling league that doesn't end till around 8:30pm. Any suggestions on what area to explore? Any and all are welcome to join.
Let me know if you go back! I want to explore AND get to see another OB'er!!!! (Gotta get my badge!!!) LOL

Reactions: PS144ONE

Roxxie

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Palm Desert
Member #

Hello Everyone
Im looking to organize a group of Active Overlanders to start planning some OB adventures in Southern California. If you are or know of someone interested please hit me up . MEMBER #3932.
Hey WIllie-

Ive got training on Sat Sept 23rd till noon...then Im free....Want to go OB somewhere? Not looking for hard core, and would love to do an overnighter if possible.

Beth Ann #7039