Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Hey Y’all, I’m new to the site and to the over-landing scene. I’m located in the Santa Clarita(Lake Castaic) Area.
I currently have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4. I want to do a slow build up on it, since I’m new with 4wheeling and it’s also my Daily Driver and 5th Wheel Camper Tow Rig.
I would like start to connect with some of the local members and get an idea for what I should build up towards. Let me know if there are any group meet-ups and chats going out locally.
Catch ya later on the Site.
-Matt M. #12469
Welcome! You're super close to Hungry Valley SVRA, which is a good place to start improving your off-road skills and do field testing of gear. Campsites aren't the prettiest, but it's close to you and offers a decent selection of terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jim Biram

JB4TRUCKS

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Brea
First Name
JB
Last Name
Blakely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HM6HHK
Hello Everyone
Im looking to organize a group of Active Overlanders to start planning some OB adventures in Southern California. If you are or know of someone interested please hit me up . MEMBER #3932.
JB Brea Calif

Reactions: T-88

Two Buck

Rank 0

Traveler I

Greets, y'all. I'm in the San Fernando Valley. Not much 4x4/overland experience, but I've done a bit of dual sport riding on my BMW R1200GS Adventure. My favorite place to ride so far has been Death Valley. I plan to take my rig out there when it cools down in the fall.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Hey gents, I am an AZ guy but orig from CA.

Looking to run some CA trails in the next two weeks possibly. Any planned trips coming up or anyone interested putting something together? Thinking Big Bear to get some elevation to escape the heat.

SoCalKA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego
Member #

Hey gents, I am an AZ guy but orig from CA.

Looking to run some CA trails in the next two weeks possibly. Any planned trips coming up or anyone interested putting something together? Thinking Big Bear to get some elevation to escape the heat.
Im heading to Big Bear from San Diego next Fri-Sun for small stag party with the boys. on the way there - Im heading up forest service roads, and have been eyeballing the trails around the area - but not sure what plans are in store while Im in Big Bear...

overland_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Simi Valley, CA
Member #

I am pretty new. I am mostly exploring the capabilities of my rig at this point.
San Fernando valley over here haha

San Fernando valley over here haha

Are you guys interested in putting together some short weekend trail runs? We usually start around 7/730, run for a few hours, grab a beer and food and home by 1/2pm. Gorman is an easy one to run to.

drizzledre

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor II

Encino, ca
Member #

Are you guys interested in putting together some short weekend trail runs? We usually start around 7/730, run for a few hours, grab a beer and food and home by 1/2pm. Gorman is an easy one to run to.
Sounds good to me. I’m free Sunday morning