Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Hello All,

Born & Raised in San Fernando Valley area. Woodland Hills specifically.

All these fires have us wanting to get away for the weekend. The smoke is brutal on the fiance.

Were leaving to Joshua Tree for the weekend.

Shoot me a message, if anybody is headed that way.

Bryan

(Photo: Somewhere in smokey Oregon Aug. 2017 Unedited)View attachment 41815
I grew up in northridge.. now live in Simi valley....

Sent from my SM-P550 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Bryan_FRO

Oreo58

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ridgecrest, CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Kline
Member #

Member # 4696
Located in Ridgecrest, CA
Will be out at King Of The Hammers in Feb and the next big date is Jeep Jamboree in Tillamook, OR in June.
Member of "Friends OF Calico" on Facebook if anybody wants to join up and help keep the area a little cleaner.
Looking forward to some OB runs and meet-ups, see you all out there!

Reactions: Bryan_FRO

Bryan_FRO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Agoura Hills CA
Member #

Member # 4696
Located in Ridgecrest, CA
Will be out at King Of The Hammers in Feb and the next big date is Jeep Jamboree in Tillamook, OR in June.
Member of "Friends OF Calico" on Facebook if anybody wants to join up and help keep the area a little cleaner.
Looking forward to some OB runs and meet-ups, see you all out there!
Welcome Oreo58!

I've been actually trying to plan a trip to King of the Hammers. Any tips or advice?
We're unfamiliar with the area and this will be our first time attending.

Thanks,
Bryan Rush

Oreo58

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ridgecrest, CA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Kline
Member #

Welcome Oreo58!

I've been actually trying to plan a trip to King of the Hammers. Any tips or advice?
We're unfamiliar with the area and this will be our first time attending.

Thanks,
Bryan Rush

Hey Bryan,

Definitely plan on cold temps at least at night. Depending on the year it may rain and get the lakebed pretty nasty but luckily it's been pretty decent for the most part. The events happen each day starting on Saturday the 3rd and going to the following Saturday. Up to date info on the scheduling can be found at:
https://ultra4racing.com/race/17
Link to the Ultra4 site;
https://ultra4racing.com/
Things spectators need to understand about KOH is that the entire Johnson Valley area is leased to Ultra4 for the week and the normal public land rules are supplemented by additional safety concerns due to the race course as well as increased Police and BLM presence. So make sure you wear helmets and seatbelts at all times depending on what your vehicle is, not to mention DUI's are not tolerated even offroad.

That being said it's an awesome event and once you've attended once you will likely be back again. A city forms on the lakebed and the pit areas actually have street names and UPS and FEDEX will even deliver to the site as well as the $5 Pizza guy from Yucca Valley.

If you like offroad racing whether it be Motorcycles, UTV's, Stock, Modified or whatever, KOH week has it all.
Definitely a bucket list item for us dirt freaks, I go every year as a member of the 4696 Poor Boy Racing Team as well as volunteering for the other events. Our team races on Thursday in the "Every Man Challenge" in the Stock Class which is similar to the stock Volkswagen bugs that race the Baja. These guys do amazing things in the huge rock trails with a limited class vehicle.

Anyway, long boring post but definitely check it out and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Attachments

Reactions: T-88

JoeyLK4D4

Rank 0

Traveler I

Member #8875
Located in Pacific Beach, San Diego

We have a core group around here of mostly Jeepers that tend to gravitate toward rock crawling, but a few of us are interested in getting more overland style trips going. I'd definitely be interested in getting out to meet some OB folks. We'll be out at the San Diego 4 Wheelers Superstition Mountain Run in January. More a crawling event but if any OB members are out there hit me up!
When in January? Has it passed already? I'm in OB myself.

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Southbay Native now OC resident looking for people who can show me and T4R4x4 the ropes in overlanding. Very enthusiastic to get started. So far I have only done Santiago Peak but Im sure you guys know of better trails.. Let me know if anyone is planning a day trip locally.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bundi3180

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

US
Southbay Native now OC resident looking for people who can show me and T4R4x4 the ropes in overlanding. Very enthusiastic to get started. So far I have only done Santiago Peak but Im sure you guys know of better trails.. Let me know if anyone is planning a day trip locally. SoCal Newbie

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PS144ONE

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Whittier, California
First Name
Rudy
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6DMP
Reactions: NightCrawler
S

SubeeBen

I am in San Diego do not now how much farther south you can go but have a few solid trips if interested