La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Ok this is So cal/San Diego BS thread, so we can chat with other overlanders with out clogging up trail rides or monthly meetup threads with well BS.

NathanSE

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Park checking in. 2018 Outback, changed the wheels out but otherwise stock. Have the filter canister extension but haven’t installed it, along with a couple of pieces of roof gear. Tentatively planning to lift it late summer, maybe?

My wife and I canyoneer and hike extensively, so most of the car work goes towards getting us further out in the backcountry.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

North Park checking in. 2018 Outback, changed the wheels out but otherwise stock. Have the filter canister extension but haven’t installed it, along with a couple of pieces of roof gear. Tentatively planning to lift it late summer, maybe?

My wife and I canyoneer and hike extensively, so most of the car work goes towards getting us further out in the backcountry.
Nice! A little bit of lift will get you some places forsure. I want to get my taco lifted as well, but for the suspension i want, so expensive -__- currently saving up though, hopefully i can get it done before the overland expo trip to AZ

Reactions: SpaceGhost

Anthroman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Diego
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Carrel
Member #

Just found this. Carmel Mt. area. Stock 4runner TRD. Wife and I use it for road tripping and remote camping. Enjoy finding new yellow post back woods camp sites and hiking/exploring remote areas you can't get to normally. Starting to plan a trip from SD to Big Sur in August. So if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.
On a tangent I went to an SD meetup last year. The people I met were really nice to meet but haven't had a chance to get to another.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Just found this. Carmel Mt. area. Stock 4runner TRD. Wife and I use it for road tripping and remote camping. Enjoy finding new yellow post back woods camp sites and hiking/exploring remote areas you can't get to normally. Starting to plan a trip from SD to Big Sur in August. So if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.
On a tangent I went to an SD meetup last year. The people I met were really nice to meet but haven't had a chance to get to another.
Would love to have you out again. The meet up is this Thursday at second chance brewing

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Holy crap that's really close to where i live, are you guys doing a meet up there in September? Just joined the forums and got a membership, looking to get more ideas of trails that I can check out that aren't too crazy, but still fun.

I'm in Bay Park and got a Mercedes GL450. Been out to Anza Borrego, Painted Gorge, and Canyon Sin Nombre with it.

SD.Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Ühdon
Member #

Holy crap that's really close to where i live, are you guys doing a meet up there in September? Just joined the forums and got a membership, looking to get more ideas of trails that I can check out that aren't too crazy, but still fun.

I'm in Bay Park and got a Mercedes GL450. Been out to Anza Borrego, Painted Gorge, and Canyon Sin Nombre with it.
Nice rig! I just joined too. Otay Mountain has some nice trails. Range from easy to semi-technical if you choose to take the side trails.

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Thanks, a friend of mine was talking about the Otay Mountain trails too so I may have to get out there soon. I just have to finish up some work when I changed out the steering rack this past weekend.

So is the next San Diego meet on this Friday?

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Thanks, a friend of mine was talking about the Otay Mountain trails too so I may have to get out there soon. I just have to finish up some work when I changed out the steering rack this past weekend.

So is the next San Diego meet on this Friday?
The overland bound monthly meet up is the last Thursday of the month. OCTOBERS MEET UP IS GOING TO BE OCTOBER 17-19 in anzo. If you go the the NEW add meet up page @Ch3lland has a link to that rally point November meet up will be back at bitter brothers. But will most likely move a
Week forward or back because of thanks giving.