So cal/san Diego bs chat thread

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

NathanSE

Rank II

Traveler I

North Park checking in. 2018 Outback, changed the wheels out but otherwise stock. Have the filter canister extension but haven’t installed it, along with a couple of pieces of roof gear. Tentatively planning to lift it late summer, maybe?

My wife and I canyoneer and hike extensively, so most of the car work goes towards getting us further out in the backcountry.

OutOfStep

Rank VI

Advocate I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

North Park checking in. 2018 Outback, changed the wheels out but otherwise stock. Have the filter canister extension but haven’t installed it, along with a couple of pieces of roof gear. Tentatively planning to lift it late summer, maybe?

My wife and I canyoneer and hike extensively, so most of the car work goes towards getting us further out in the backcountry.
Nice! A little bit of lift will get you some places forsure. I want to get my taco lifted as well, but for the suspension i want, so expensive -__- currently saving up though, hopefully i can get it done before the overland expo trip to AZ

Reactions: SpaceGhost

Anthroman

Rank I

Traveler I

San Diego
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Carrel
Member #

Just found this. Carmel Mt. area. Stock 4runner TRD. Wife and I use it for road tripping and remote camping. Enjoy finding new yellow post back woods camp sites and hiking/exploring remote areas you can't get to normally. Starting to plan a trip from SD to Big Sur in August. So if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.
On a tangent I went to an SD meetup last year. The people I met were really nice to meet but haven't had a chance to get to another.

hopkillin

Rank VI

Enthusiast III

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Just found this. Carmel Mt. area. Stock 4runner TRD. Wife and I use it for road tripping and remote camping. Enjoy finding new yellow post back woods camp sites and hiking/exploring remote areas you can't get to normally. Starting to plan a trip from SD to Big Sur in August. So if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.
On a tangent I went to an SD meetup last year. The people I met were really nice to meet but haven't had a chance to get to another.
Would love to have you out again. The meet up is this Thursday at second chance brewing

socal geek guy

Rank I

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Holy crap that's really close to where i live, are you guys doing a meet up there in September? Just joined the forums and got a membership, looking to get more ideas of trails that I can check out that aren't too crazy, but still fun.

I'm in Bay Park and got a Mercedes GL450. Been out to Anza Borrego, Painted Gorge, and Canyon Sin Nombre with it.

SD.Taco

Rank I

Contributor I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Ühdon
Member #

Holy crap that's really close to where i live, are you guys doing a meet up there in September? Just joined the forums and got a membership, looking to get more ideas of trails that I can check out that aren't too crazy, but still fun.

I'm in Bay Park and got a Mercedes GL450. Been out to Anza Borrego, Painted Gorge, and Canyon Sin Nombre with it.
Nice rig! I just joined too. Otay Mountain has some nice trails. Range from easy to semi-technical if you choose to take the side trails.