Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Last time I was snow camping it wasn't part of the big plan. It was April in Ohio at my 4x4 clubs novice ride. That being said, I'd like to plan as snow camping/trail riding trip, Ron

Reactions: Robert R Pyle

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Love snow camping, my favorite! Have the right gear, have the right attitude, have a fun time! And yes, you can stay warm and completely comfortable. It just takes the above. Benz.

Horse Soldier

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Louisville Ky
First Name
B
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Hammock camping in negative temperatures is the best. Planning a trip between Missoula mt to Spearfish sd in January.

Overland Omnivore

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Investor

Explorer I

New Albany, IN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Price
Member #

I am working on putting together a winter camp out rally point at Paoli Peaks IN. in January if anyone is interested...If we get 10 people together we can get a discount of passes to ski or snowboard while we are there....lots of good back roads in the area to explore also....

Henrik Martin

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

How many of you like to camp in the snow
It's awesome. My girlfriend and I went to June Lake near Mammoth Friday after thanksgiving. We towed a camper trailer through the snow on CA-88 past Kirkwood. Snow level was around 6,000 ft. The temp dropped to around 22F on the night between Sat/Sun. We brought an extra tent with a Mr Heater propane heater for thawing out in the morning. We were pretty comfortable in our warm sleeping bags in the roof top tent on top of the trailer.

whiskey7backroads

Rank VI
Launch Member

Endurance II

Olympia Washington
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Conklin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7BR
It is a beast for sure. Goes anywhere we need but pretty industrial. Yours looks pretty awesome also. I built an expediton trail, had four wheel camper and now the beast. Also have a JK in AZ.